Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car has had like two drops of coolant right under the the timing cover on the garage floor here lately. the only thing is that it only does this when its really cold outside(28-40 degrees) , my question is do you think my water pump is slowly going , I have read where the pump will start leaking b4 it goes out, any info is appreciated!

·
Registered
Honda Civic
693 Posts
yeah, it's going out. when's the last time it was replaced? while you're there might as well change everything else, all beltings, tensionr, seals ( if required ) etc.

ps do it beofre the leak gets worse...i had a "hard" time driving when the temp needle is constantly pointing to H.

B

·
0 Posts
it porbley is the water pump. and i agree with singlecizam, get an oem pump, they seam to last the longest.

·
Adia's Daddy
2004 Honda Element
3,364 Posts
there is no comparison for oem water pump :holla:. as others have said, then would be a good time to replace your timing belt and at work here we always do both at the same time since everything is off anyways.

a little trick one of the techs here at work showed me is to put a light coating of silicone paste (made for lubricating rubber seals and parts) on the pump gasket so that it doesn't stick to the block when removing it. i guess some cars have come in where they had to scrape stuck-on pieces of the gasket off the block when changing pumps.

not a huge deal but in a dealership shop environment where shaving time AND doing a good job equals better efficiency, it all adds up :TU:

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
great info , I changed the timing belt about 1 year ago. , maybe 15k on it but I will prob. put another on when I do the water pump. Heres a list of what I am going to do here in the next month!!!

*new water pump
*timing belt ,tensioner
*cam seal
*crower stg.2 cam
*crower springs,retainers
*aem 5 bolt cam gear
*new donut gasket for header(where it meets the cat)
*valve cover gasket
*new suspension(buddy club,tein coilovers)
*carbon fiber front lip
*some gauges to fill in my triple gauge pod!!!(defi,greddy)
*go dyno this beater and see what we come up w/
*I will def. be posting pics of the cam install,lip install,maybe water pump!
thanx for the feedback d-series....

·
D-series WTF?!?!
Dyno GT Racing Bike
3,674 Posts
$hit might as well bust out with a Full Tune-up it almost winter and make sure all coolant related parts are change for ex... Thermostat,hoses,fluid,gasket,

WHEN you get ur new water pumb they have what i call weep holes lil as hell but there is where the fluid come out that all i let you know good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts