Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys this last Friday I had a water pump put in again for the second time in a year and a half. Well Saturday I was driving home and my check engine light came on, I didn't notice right away but my car was over heating. the gauge was maxed out, I popped the hood and it was steaming like crazy. The mechanic left the adapter on top of the radiator and never put the cap on. My question is did this cause any long term damage, even if he said there was none right now. A friend of mine said it cut the remainder of the engine life left in half. My car already has 135,000 miles on it. I was planning on going turbo this summer, nothing crazy just like 7 or 8 psi. Any help would be great thanks guys.

·
Registered
179 Posts
That could be bad. I'd sue for sure. Atleast scare him into something. Are you smoking, like white out your pipe now? I'm heated for you. I hate shops. I'd never trust a mechanic. My mom went to one for years and her car never ran better than when she stopped.

Hope the mech. wasn't a friend.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No the car seems to be running fine the idle is a little weird but other then that its fine. I'm just scared that going turbo now would be a mistake. No he wasn't a friend but its the shop i always go too.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry guys I don't know that much about engines how would i compression test it. But i think they did that when i brought the car back in. The boss was really pissed that his guys fucked up like that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts