Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1994 del Sol S
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any idea what this is called, and/or where I can find one? Im talking about the peice that's between the head and the water outlet, and it looks like it has holes for water temp sensors. Also, is this a good route to go for a water source for my turbo? I like the look of this better, as apposed to running hoses all the way back to the IACV for a water source. Think this type of setup would work well with a cast iron manifold?

·
Registered
98 vw jetta 3
2,022 Posts
i have one of those but i dont know where u get them. it was on a motor i bought. ask boostedeh i got the motor from him.

·
Pew Pew!
EJ6
3,509 Posts
Tuner Toys used to make those. But as we all know. Tuner Toys are now out for the count.

I to was looking for them for the purpose of feeding some coolant into my turbo.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
If ur talking about the hose adapter part ebay has them. They are one whole tho for temp.
If that's what your talking about then idk if your be able to feed and return the water.
If your talking about the part that bolts to the head I don't remeber where I saw them I just remeber it was customed and someone also drilled out the pressure valve and taped it for coolant

·
Registered
1994 del Sol S
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm talking about the part that bolts to the head, and is between the head itself, and the upper radiator hose. The lower hose adapter I'm not worried about, as they're everywhere.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
the main problem with all of these isnt it that you cant feed and return? Only feed?
Yep that's feed only. You'll still have to run a hose to the back of the engine and T in somewhere. It's very simple to just it run off the IACV.

·
Registered
98 vw jetta 3
2,022 Posts
thats the one i have sitting in my tool chest. i loved that thing for the temp sensor as te dash was never fully right.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Yep that's feed only. You'll still have to run a hose to the back of the engine and T in somewhere. It's very simple to just it run off the IACV.
yea i know, thats kinda why i dont see the point in using one of those for turbo coolant. because you still got to run a line to the back.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
I got mine from tuner toys, awsome little product that Im suprised know one has copied, Not only for D's bur for B's as well. all I know that this adapter was cheaper than buying the one that autometer sells for the mechanical water temp.

Is there a company or somebody with cnc background that can start making this again, would make some good money. same goes for the other adapter that tuner toys sold to put the map sensor in the wall, I got that one as well from them.
It was sad that this company got out, they did good to me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts