Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone on here running a kit with their boosted setups? Im still leary of E85, simply because of the inconsistencies, overall storage life and availability. I am leaning towards other options, which is why I am wondering if a water meth setup would be ideal for me? My goal is 375whp... I am currently at 328whp at 23psi on my 50 trim Go auto setup. Any pros and cons to running one?

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
Are you maxxed out on pump gas and your timing? What about your internals?

Have you talked to your tuner to see if theres any more room?

Then he will suggest the H20 CH3OH kit if needed.

That tuner is not only your tuner, hes your consultant. You oaid for his services for a reason. My tuner leads me down the golden path if i have questions.

·
Registered
1992 Civic Si
1,671 Posts
We run Aquamist kits on customer cars where I work. It injects progressively based on injector duty cycle and MAP sensor. Has multiple failsafes built in, flow sensor, etc.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you maxxed out on pump gas and your timing? What about your internals?

Have you talked to your tuner to see if theres any more room?

Then he will suggest the H20 CH3OH kit if needed.

That tuner is not only your tuner, hes your consultant. You oaid for his services for a reason. My tuner leads me down the golden path if i have questions.
Ill ask... but being im up at that high of a boost level, I cant imagine I have a lot of room to grow, at least reliably anyway...

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
I havent plotted the compressor map.. I think these turbos can handle 400hp, but every situation is different.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Man seriously I would avoid meth if you can go with e85. The inconsistencies aren't that bad. As long as you are between 70-90% ethanol, you are good to go. I've had water meth injection, far more variables that could go wrong vs e85.

Btw, isn't 93 pump capable of your new goal?

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man seriously I would avoid meth if you can go with e85. The inconsistencies aren't that bad. As long as you are between 70-90% ethanol, you are good to go. I've had water meth injection, far more variables that could go wrong vs e85.

Btw, isn't 93 pump capable of your new goal?
Meaning I could get to the power level on 93? Idk, I feel it wouldn't be very reliable if I increased the boost more. I did talk to my tuner yesterday and he convinced me to go E-85... I think what I will end up doing is running a E-85 tune when the ethanol is tested to at least 83-85. In my area it is usually around late June, early July. I have a tester to check it as well. Then after winter, I will run a E-70 tune. This way I will be able to have a tune which had safely adapt to the change in ethanol from season to season. I am still running crome, so I will just have to swap chips.... It seems like a little running around, but it will be safest this way.

·
Registered
00 Civic Coupe
267 Posts
I'm running an AEM V2 water/meth system with 93octane pump gas. It has worked well so far. I don't have E85 in my area and this way is far less expensive than race fuel.

But like Flip said, if you have E85 available there's no reason not to got with it. One less system to worry about.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm running an AEM V2 water/meth system with 93octane pump gas. It has worked well so far. I don't have E85 in my area and this way is far less expensive than race fuel.

But like Flip said, if you have E85 available there's no reason not to got with it. One less system to worry about.
for sure.... Thank you for your input!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I don't know exactly why I am so against water injection .... I just cannot get it through my head that the only reason my car is not detonating is a little injector on my intake. I had aem water injection for a while.... you think you have to worry about e85? That stupid injection system is all I could think about when I was in high boost.

·
Registered
99 Civic LX
118 Posts
I was running AEM Water/Methanol in my previous setup without issues. The car made 323 WHP - 290 torque @ 27 PSI with a 5431 PTE Precision Turbo. If you can go with E85 do it. It is the better option IMO. I was living in Venezuela and there aren't E85 and Race Fuel is very very expensive. Methanol injection was my best option. I'm living in Florida maybe try E85 in a future.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was running AEM Water/Methanol in my previous setup without issues. The car made 323 WHP - 290 torque @ 27 PSI with a 5431 PTE Precision Turbo. If you can go with E85 do it. It is the better option IMO. I was living in Venezuela and there aren't E85 and Race Fuel is very very expensive. Methanol injection was my best option. I'm living in Florida maybe try E85 in a future.
27lbs? damn.... any head-lift issues at all? Im def leaning more towards E-85. There are stations surrounding me here in Minnesota...

·
Registered
99 Civic LX
118 Posts
27lbs? damn.... any head-lift issues at all? Im def leaning more towards E-85. There are stations surrounding me here in Minnesota...
Without issues :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts