Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I
95 Civic coupe
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay... so..

before i go off and do some unecessary repairs.. i figured i would come here..

i have a pretty significant water leak... to where the car starts to over heat after about 30 minutes of driving... and is constantly leaking while motor is running.. in other words.. the leak is only visible if motor is running...

and the leak comes from the crank pulley area..

my first thoughts were, bad water pump... let me know if i am right.. or throw other ideas at me..

thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
my best guess would be waterpump gasket if the leak is around the crank pulley area.

is it leaking INTO the timing cover?? or ot the other side of the pump, where the water tube is?!?

·
Registered
510 Posts
my first thoughts were, bad water pump... let me know if i am right.. or throw other ideas at me..
The only thing that seals with water on the crank pulley side is the water pump. Unless its leaking out of your head gasket above your water pump. But you'll find out as soon as you pop the valve cover.

·
Registered
94 civic dx
1,876 Posts
sound like the water pump... check the "weep holes" - because mine's doing the same thing. it's still minor - so i don't overheat (in fact... i went on a 120 mile round trip 2 weeks ago). the holes are on the back of the block facing the alternator - next to the crank it seems... there are two threads (mine and another guy).

·
I
95 Civic coupe
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
put in a new pump and seal.. fixed the problem..

took about 45 minutes..

i have done plenty of water pumps.. i just didnt feel like fixing something that didnt need to be fixed... thats why i came here.. to get a second opinion..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts