Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
You join me about 70% done with my motor build, as I did not know this forum existed, or else I would have taken a LOT more pictures.

The motor in question? The D15B6, and one heck of a good motor it is.

60 horse
No vtec
Aluminum engine
Rings that no other D15 can use
Bearings that no other D15 can use
8 valves
the tallest motherfucking geared transmission that anybody can ask for
And when I started building it to dump into my crx, it leaked.

Badly. So badly in fact that I lost more oil than Gas
And more coolant than oil.

Armed with a rebuild kit and enough tools to kill a man 100+ ways, I was off.

I power washed every hole, every nook, every cranny, and every passageway I could find.

I wanted this fucker CLEAN, painted, and ready for a mugen blue CRX that I am returning to *almost stock* new 15inch wheels, and a si seats, along with a slight window tint, and a 1inch lower will be perfect.

The shining star? This 1.5 liters of 60hp fury. 50+ mpg on the freeway, and BRIGHT shining silver.

I will also say that none of this was hottanked, and all cleaned by pressure washer, purple power, and hand.

This is the progress so far:

SILVER BABY

CLEAN

Working on cleaning and painting the intake manifold.

What lays beneath?

Clean parts, thats what, and a rebuilt head.

A very broken rebuilt head. Unfortunately there is a nasty crack from one of the water passages. This is where the coolant was coming from that I was leaking at an alarming rate. I have a new head on order.

Anyways, almost done with the intake manifold

MORE LATER!

·
Registered
Civic
882 Posts
8 valve rebuild. Have fun.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You know it. it's just a fun project and I had all the gaskets laying around, and it will look pretty.

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
My CX had tha stock 8 valve mess in it when i bought it... never again will I. But your build looks pretty damn promising.

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
one question...y? b7 pistons instead of b6 + b7 head/A6 cam, Your looking at like 40hp gain with almost no decrease in gas mileage (I got 49 last tank)
Good point but I think the OP is just doing it for fun...

DoomTrain said:
it's just a fun project and it will look pretty.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Armed with a rebuild kit and enough tools to kill a man 100+ ways, I was off.
Is it just me or he is writing like he would write a Shakespeare soap opera or something. " To Rebuild with vtec head or no to rebuild?" THAT IS THE QUESTION !:fag:
Nice rebuild tho. Did you go one size over on everything or are you just using std ? What paint did you use to paint the block, intake etc? How are you cleaning your block to paint it? Are you using primer? High temp paint?
Keep us posted

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is it just me or he is writing like he would write a Shakespeare soap opera or something. " To Rebuild with vtec head or no to rebuild?" THAT IS THE QUESTION !:fag:
Nice rebuild tho. Did you go one size over on everything or are you just using std ? What paint did you use to paint the block, intake etc? How are you cleaning your block to paint it? Are you using primer? High temp paint?
Keep us posted
standard everything,

And the paint in question in generic shucks auto parts 500degree paint.
I cleaned everything with a dremel, power washing, soap, and purple power, then primed and painted with 3 coats of silver.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well, update time!

The intake is done, the transmission is also cleaned and painted.
Good stuff.

Tiny? You bet your ass it is, this has to be the smallest throttle body I have ever seen on a Honda.

Here is what it will look life eventually. It won't be mounted to that head, but I am just waiting for the new one to come.

And is this a clean enough tranny? I hope so. :)

I think so. :)
More updates when I get the other head!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts