Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my wastegate has two vac imputs, im use to the internal ones, but does any body know or hav a picture of how to route the Vac lines, and i have a manual boost controler that i want to put on it two.

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
the mbc gets t'd between the vaccum line that goes from the wastegate to the nipple on the turbo.

when i did my turbo setup, i ran everything off the fpr vaccum line...problem free!

·
Registered
Acura TL-P
6,837 Posts
Use the side port on the wastegate, leave the top port disconected.
The boost controller just goes inline between the vacuum source and the wastegate. You'll get your acurate source from the manifold.

·
Shoot me!
2000 hatchback
6,890 Posts
Use the side port on the wastegate, leave the top port disconected.
The boost controller just goes inline between the vacuum source and the wastegate. You'll get your acurate source from the manifold.
I agree with this guy.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so whats the top port do? so all i gotta do is take a vac line from the compressor housing and link it to the bottem port on the waste gate? and splice in the boost controller>????

·
Registered
98 Civic
1,245 Posts
Isnt the top port used for an electronic boost controller??

I could be way off i just though i remembered hearing that somewhere. :p

·
Registered
2011 VW Jetta Tdi
106 Posts
I thought the top was for the boost controller also. I guess it makes sense to put the reg in the line going to the side since that way you could alter the vac/boost signal going to the wastegate to change the boost level.

·
Registered
Acura TL-P
6,837 Posts
You do not use the top port unless your running an EBC. I had to use it on my Profec, but MBCs let the top vent to the atmosphere.
You also want to pull the vac. from the manifold, not from the turbo fitting. The turbo fitting will caus slight fluctuations w/ temp where as the manifold vac. will not.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so just to make shur...i leave the top port open, take a vac line from the side port of the wastegate and connect it to my vac manifold,,,,mmmm and then splice the manual controller in between that??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts