Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
i vote for the tial external. Externals are supposed to be more efficent (less boost spike), but im not sure how much more when you are comparing to an aftermarket internal wastegate.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
well im still using a manual boost controller also so boost should be pretty much rock solid
there is still the possibility of boost spike though from inefficency of the wastegate........Your boost controller is ran through the wasteagate.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
havent really dicided yet, it all depends how it runs and what kind of traction i see at various levels, i autocross alot so for the most part im building for reliability moreso than building for power. Im thinking ill have it dial'd in for about 250hp, i think that will give me some good pop and ill still get excellent traction with the toyo's.

so as far as psi i think ill have it set for 8-9lbs daily/autocross and 12-13lbs for when im pissed

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
I've got a HF manifold I will be using for my turbo setup, anyone know how I would get one of the SSAC external wastegates on this manifold?
i dont think it would be worth the time of trying to get it on there. just stick with the internal wastegate of the turbo with the hf mani, it will make your life easier. If you ever upgrade, then you should swith to external, but if your not having problems or boost spike with your setup now, then dont fix it.

·
Registered
435 Posts
im running the turbosmart 38mm ext. gate and love it no problems whatsoever

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
An actuator wont do shit for boost spike or creep. the design of the turbine housing and wastegate outlet are the factors on an internal gate.

I say external wastegate, it solved my problems.

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
go with the more quality route. it may cost a few more bucks, but i think you'll thank yourself in the end. go with a quality manifold, and an external wastegate.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.