Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where are you guys connecting your wastgate to? manifold or turbo compressor??

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i had it on my turbo but i block that now and running it from the manifold. it seems like it boost better there but people tell me i need to run it from turbo. Just wondering where you guys run it to.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I've always heard from the turbo as well. That's where Im running mine from...

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea im running it from the GE manifold i have and i have 6 psi with an IC and a 7 psi tial spring so looks like it a good source.

·
I
3,984 Posts
for the turbo to work as accurately as possible, run a single line from wastegate to turbo..
if you want to spike, and run higher, less accurate boost.. i suggest using another source.. the bov->mani should have its own line.. and the turbo->wastegate should have its own line..

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
/\ my boost doesn't spike and its to th manifold

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
9295EJ-t said:
for the turbo to work as accurately as possible, run a single line from wastegate to turbo..
if you want to spike, and run higher, less accurate boost.. i suggest using another source.. the bov->mani should have its own line.. and the turbo->wastegate should have its own line..
+1

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
X292J said:
mani but more specificly off my FPR line and my bov is also off the same line
I want to tap my boost gauge at my fpr vac line.. but people are telling me it's going to draw too much pressure and my fpr should have its own line.

I'm assuming yours is fine?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Generally, running the source from the turbo will have more responsive boost. Personally i feel much quicker spool time as well. So i like what 9295ej-t said.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
you guys need to step into the good shit and run a vaccuum lof run inline with the brake booster.

screw using small vac sources such as fpr and shit.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
/\ yea i have a skunk 2 manifold with and it comes with spare vaccum sources one in the front is as big as the brake booster

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
nah actually its a spare nipple off the manifold. i have the pcv connected to the left of it. :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts