Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i got a problem with the waste gate hitting the hood.. im useding a cast iron manifold. is there away so it doesn't hit the hood?

sorry ill put up a picture later...

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
+2 on the elbow or a $2.99 fix is a hood tilt. put some washers on the hood hinge and you'll get the benefit of cool air coming in(reverse induction) and it should clear your w/g

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
im one thats all for the hood tilt!!
but you might not like the look of that. but if you have a OEM hood you could prolly grind it out depending on what spot its hitting. but dont put a scoop on haha

·
insert user title here
3,014 Posts
where is it hitting? have any pics?
mine rubs against the hood webbing/reinforcement or whatever you call it.
can you even close the hood?
hood tilt might work if its only slightly touching.
pics pics pics

·
Banned
1,137 Posts
wow i read this thread and read 'hood tilt' and thought wtf. i have always thought of that as called shimming.

anyways, buy the elbow. or make one if you can weld or know some one who can. it looks retarded if you shim a hood more than a 1/2" and I dont think a 1/2" in the back is going to give you enough room at the wastegate.

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
View attachment 19460 all so tilt the hood ok. ya took off the nipple were about dose that nipple go. the one on the top of the waste gate?
one on top goes to a electric boost controller/solonoid leave it open if your not using a electric boost controller

1 - 20 of 24 Posts