Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one run the dumptube from the external wastegate to the atmosphere instead of the exaughst? I was wondering if this was loud?

And also a freind of mine said his turbo celica supra was running str8 pipe or just downpipe i think and it didnt sound loud, are turbo cars quiter without mufflers?

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have mine going to the outside, but will some point later run it to the exhaust.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mines run open atmosphere, and I still pass the 90db noise limit at the drag strip after 10 o'clock.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have open flange ;). Its gets kinda annoying and loud. Eh... I will end up rerouting it... actually.. i may do that today.

·
Registered
344 Posts
mines open too. it sounds like a bad exhaust leak coming from the front. i cant really hear it anymore cause i took my exhaust off after the cat. the turbo did quiet down the exhaust, and it sounds cool because you can hear the turbo spool up better.

im eventually going to get a full exhaust done, and route my wategate into it.

·
d-series smartass
1,348 Posts
staticchmbr said:
mines open too. it sounds like a bad exhaust leak coming from the front. i cant really hear it anymore cause i took my exhaust off after the cat. the turbo did quiet down the exhaust, and it sounds cool because you can hear the turbo spool up better.

right on... if you don't know what you're hearing, it sounds like an exhaust leak at WOT... definately route it into the exhaust imo....

·
Registered
87 Integra RS-T
162 Posts
its better not to route it to the exhaust, but to give it its own exhaust pipe. However, for most street setups, its not a big deal.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Yes Iw ould recomend just running a seperate tube for it. You may notice quicker spool up times and high end power. Also your car will sound very very very angry in boost.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts