Honda D Series Forum banner

Wastegate & Boost controller size matching for 20 - 30psi. ?

5K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  flyinryan122 
#1 ·
Hey guys.

Currently will be aiming for 25 - 30 psi on my built D16z6. Currently running a Garrett Gt3040 Turbo with a tial 38mm External wastegate. Running a hondata S300 with the Hondata boost solenoid. Is there a good 'rule of thumb' ratio that should be used or not exceeded when boosting to levels this high? I have herd myths that you cannot go double the wastegate spring with the solenoid and have steady boost levels. Eg 10psi Spring with the EBC solenoid = 20psi max.

Therefor would i be better useing a 15psi spring and useing the EBC to take it out to 25 - 30 psi ? Also when useing a high spring psi will that effect the way / rate a engine will build and/or maintain boost pressure etc ?

Thanks guys

Lyle

#6 ·
You will be fine on that spring. My gate is an 11psi spring. Thats how i street drive/pump gas race the car. Then when i switch to race fuel, it see's 30-32psi in 3rd and 4th. Also using an aem solenoid and hodata to control boost.

#5 ·
Oh, about your spring psi question. Yeah, its a good idea not to more than double the psi level output of that of the spring in your WG. I opted with a 14 (1 bar) psi spring. I ran off WG on low boost on the street and 20-21 psi high boost off my manual/switched boost controller on the highway (only twice). 400+ whp is scary fast on the street!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.