Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently i discovered that my turbo wasnt building higher boost pressure due to a weak wastegate actuator. Its a gt2560r with internal gate. The current wastegate is only ~6 psi. I thought with a 3 port pwm solenoid i could get any level of boost i wanted but apparently its too weak to hold the gate closed, the exhaust gas pressure pushes it open on its own. So after creating a brace for the wastegate actuator it built up 16psi but after a day or so it only gets to 14psi. Now ive decided its time to replace it with a stronger unit. My first thought was to get a dual port wg and a 4 port pwm solenoid but the wg's on ebay dont seem to actually hold pressure on the second port so it wouldnt work for what i need. My second choice would be to get a wg that will hold higher pressure like 15 psi. The only down side is if the bracket for the wg is weak i could be in the same situation and it wont hold the boost. The upside to the dual port setup is that boost pressure would hold the wg closed until the desired level was achieved.

Any thoughts or direction on where i can find an affordable dual port wastegate actuator?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont have my wga in the normal location on the turbo but im perfectly capable of fabricating my own bracket. I like how it comes with the different arm setups. The dual port wg and 4 port pwm setup i was planning on would have set me back about $100 so the price isnt too bad. But i was looking at 15 psi wga for $40, not billet or fancy but thats saving me $60 for essentially the same function.

http://bit.ly/1fmOcRb

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The brace i made rules out the bracket being the problem. The spring in the actuator just isnt strong enough to hold the wastegate closed at higher exhaust gas pressure. Im only going to run 16 psi max on this turbo so looking for a wga that cracks around that pressure. 14.7 is pretty close. Clearance is another issue. My wg is pretty close to the radiator as is...

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
im still waiting on mine. I ordered a ton of stuff from them so far this month but the waste gate kit is the only thing that was shipped from out of the country. it was shipped out from Taiwan...

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The kinugawa wastegate actuator is installed. It fit perfectly, all i had to do was cut 1" off the rod. Holds ~14psi no problem. I think i need to tighten it a little to squeeze the extra 2psi out. Im currently standing here waiting for everything to cool down...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts