Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okie i guess I over tighten the wastegate on my Turbo and its not boostin so wat I did was I simply took off the hose that connects to the wastegate and to the turbo. Wells, now its boosting 5 pounds. I know the turbo that I have stock boost is 5 pounds. Would it hurt to run the turbo without the hose connected since its rated at such a low boost anywaise? 1 more question can I boost more when the turbo itself is stock 5 pounds only?

·
Formally known as SPONSOREDCRX
3,566 Posts
do you have 2 wasgates? it sounds like your turbo is internally gated at 5 pounds and you have another one that you are disconnecting the hose from.

·
The H Badge is it!
5,657 Posts
^^ i agree... if you put vacuum to one wg (the external) and none to the internal, the exhaust is gonna flow right thru the internal gate..

·
Registered
822 Posts
Wow. I'm confused? Are you or aren't you running two wastegates?
When I first read the post it seemed like you disconnected the vacuum line to the wastegate and you're only running 5lbs of boost by... magic?

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
the only way to explain it is by running 2 wastegates. obviously, he has the internal gate hooked up, because its not bypassing it and letting the external gate regulate the boost. When you unhook the external gate like you did on a normal setup, you would be running INSANE amounts of boost. So that means your internally gated at 5 psi.

what turbo are you running? 5psi seems like a really low number anyways, something may not be working correctly.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is the turbo Im runing with, Its the turbo that came with the Apexi turbo kit IHI. Well im talking about that hose on the actuator that controls the internal wastegate. I disconnected it and its only boosting 5 pounds. The question is it safe to run my setup witout the hose connected since its onli boosting 5 pounds. 2nd question is the guy b4 me told me that the turbo is rated at 5 pounds only so Am I able to boost more than the turbo is capable to hold for say a boost controller?

·
Registered
376 Posts
I'm assuming its an internally wastegated turbo, and if so, you did over tighten the wastegate arm. Just loosen it a bit, and make sure you keep the hose connected from the turbo to the wastegate. What happens is when you have the wastegate arm set correctly, and you disconnect the hose going to the wastegate... the turbo overboosts alot.

You can turn the boost up by using a manual boost controller...You would just put the MBC in between the wastegate and the turbo.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awlsom, so If I lossen the actuator arm which controls the internal wastegate I can get som more boost out of it huhs ;) cause rit nows I swear its super tight thats why b4 it was boosting nada b4 i took off the hose
Yes, and boost is addicted....

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yah pics are here I just took sum. First 2 pics are how it looks and up close of it. The 2nd pics is how it looks as of rit nows, earlier I was playing around wit it and adjusting it and omg I got it to past 5 pounds of boost! Nows its spiking to 6-7 pounds greats! And wat a realli noticable pull too when turbo kicks in, I think I have the internal wastegate adjusted to fully shut correct me if Im wrong. The 4th and 5th pics as you can see the hose is not connected to the actuator and the turbo.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well Im not realli controlling it, Its just adjusted from tightening (closing the internal wastegate or opening it up more) by the actuator arm as u can see up there in those pics.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts