Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Lifes short, drive fast!
2,350 Posts
wut do you really want to know? people do both. it will be much quieter if you run it in the d.p.

i ran mine straight down

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
wut do you really want to know? people do both. it will be much quieter if you run it in the d.p.

i ran mine straight down
:werd:, me too. Open dump sounds so sexy under boost :D.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya the guys who did my oil return. told me to run it to the down pipe... i think that more work for me and more money 4 him... so im going with the open down pipe.

·
Registered
Honda Civic Si-T
180 Posts
be more specific about the question its a 50/50 question/answer people do both, traditional way is to return, but alot run open external dump tubes (aka screamer pipe)
cars are less noisey under boost with return and alot more noisey with open dump,
i run external dump and its abit noise but not too bad with only 8psi, if i run 15psi its even louder

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
i did mine back into the DP

stealth FTW plus i dont like exhaust dumping onto anything and making it black.

·
Registered
Acura TL-P
6,837 Posts
hmm ya the guys who did my oil return, said you could hurt the waste gate piston because of no back pressure. whats why i ask the question.
Open dump all day, everyday. The only reason I've ever recirculated a dump was for the quietness at a customer request.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Open dump all day, everyday. The only reason I've ever recirculated a dump was for the quietness at a customer request.
listen to this man lol

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
^^^^^^

not bad at all

here is mine

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
anyone have some pictures of an open downpipe? That is how I was planning to run mine but I don't want my block covered in soot!
well if you run it close to the exhaust and under the engine you will be fine

·
My 91 Crx Hf
97 Civic Coupe
2,164 Posts
well if you run it close to the exhaust and under the engine you will be fine
Yeah mine will be running basically right beside the downpipe, and stops like at like the oil pan gasket and just shoots right down. I might just weld it up to the downpipe since it is right beside it, or see how I like it with the open dumptube. haha I am not sure but.. /threadjack

1 - 20 of 41 Posts