Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Si
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running a MAC noid (Or trying to) for my boost control setup through s300. The s300 side works perfectly. I'm having issues with the solenoid setup itself. Hooking port 2 to the waste gate with nothing on the other side. with it being a normally closed solenoid I should be getting waste gate spring pressure for boost. (10 PSI) instead it swings on around to 14lbs which is where my boost cut is. This happens with the solenoid wired up and not wired up. I've physically blown back through the noid on port 2 with no resistance. So why is it acting like there is a pressure on my waste gate? :screwy:

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Probably because it has more resistance than being opened.

Why are you using EBC if your spring is only a few psi below what your boost cut is set at?

·
Registered
92 Si
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm working on getting everything setup and working correctly before doing any tuning for higher boost. I have fuel etc in place for more but I don't want to set the ebc to X and have it wrap my boost gauge. Thats why such a low boost cut for the time being. Once I know everything is working correctly, then I'll raise the boost cut and keep going.

The waste gate spring is a 10 pound spring.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I"m using neptune and the same pwm solenoid. Under "set duty cycle" "check invert, for normally closed" I didn't have that checked, and the tuner didn't notice. We messed around with the solenoid a bit before we figured this out. (and spiked 4 times)

first pull spiked some where around 35psi before he got it shut down. :pinch: Some how, It held...

·
Registered
510 Posts
I don't have a print out of the spikes, but I have the final pull dyno sheet posted in the gtx2863r thread, so you know I was actually there.

It was at Revolutions down in Colorado Springs, with Jeremy. He tuned the low throttle stuff, then said lets try a pull on the waste gate-1bar.

Turbo started spooling, then it just went through the roof. I thought that was it. Ended up spiking it like three more times between not having that invert box checked, and also I had a problem with my first combination of waste gate springs(running two in a tial). I think the first set of springs were binding together and acting like a much higher spring pressure.

He was watching the next few times and shut it down as it started shooting up over 1bar, but I saw my boost gauge pegged at least twice, and it stops at 30psi.

I don't know if the computer saves all the runs, but I'll ask if he has a print out-or if anyone knows the guys at revolutions-ask em about the red crx yesterday.

·
Registered
510 Posts
no sleeve. z6 75.5 vitara/fj rod. I hope he does have the chart, didn't think of it at the time, was freaked out, but that would be a cool one to have on the wall...

·
Registered
431 Posts
if it seems like the solenoid is doing nothing it might be that it is somehow not opening/acting up/something else and the spike/fluctuations you see come
from exhaust backpressure opening the wastegate.

another possibility is that at some point the solenoid opens, but pressure is
too high for the solenoid to close again (seen it at 20 psi whith my china solenoid)

personally i would unhook the whloe ebc and see if its stable then. if your
wastegate has top and bottom ports, try to reverse them (of course change
the solenoid configuration too) and see if anything changes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts