· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watup. Im from CT.
Just bought a 91 EF.
BONE STOCK!
D15b2 untouched and is AUTO.

First up:
- gettin a tranny swap. but then again im undecided as to building the d15. Not looking for too mch power just lil better. Or i had in mind just doing a whole swap to D16 including manula tranny!
- not new to honda just new to swaps itself.
- Opinions welcome. and yea idc right now for the exterior! It'll fit in once completed. and yea!! almost forgot..Budget?- no more than 1100. Possible!?

· Registered
Love the Civic
8,934 Posts
Yep, you can get a d16 and a manual swap. Look around a bit and check out the d15 builds first and make sure you really want it gone. Swaps can contain hidden costs for beginners so keeping your current motor running and buying a second to build later may be your best bet. Good luck and welcome.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, you can get a d16 and a manual swap. Look around a bit and check out the d15 builds first and make sure you really want it gone. Swaps can contain hidden costs for beginners so keeping your current motor running and buying a second to build later may be your best bet. Good luck and welcome.
That is entirely true. Thats the shit..i want it ASAP..but i gotta wait. Im just going to buy everything and build it outside and just throw it in once i have it done.

As for a mini-me swap. I might spend the same/more amoount of money as throwing in a d16. SO for all the trouble I would just throw in some d16 internals instead. But w.e I wanted to keep the d15 go non-vtec with it..but f#$& it.

I had a mini-me swap on my eg i had earlier. took it out and built the d15! but Sold it. Ill keep you guys posted.

THanks

· Registered
97 civic lx
1,752 Posts
D16 internals don't fit a d15 block. You could do a mpfi swap, a z6 intake and head, d16 block and d17 crank, pistons, and rods though. :) and a z6 or y8 transmission as well... If done right, you could have a completely rebuilt engine, the mpfi swap, and the trans for under your budget. Then you could invest in cool things like a cold air intake and a header.

/winning

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
D16 internals don't fit a d15 block. You could do a mpfi swap, a z6 intake and head, d16 block and d17 crank, pistons, and rods though. :) and a z6 or y8 transmission as well... If done right, you could have a completely rebuilt engine, the mpfi swap, and the trans for under your budget. Then you could invest in cool things like a cold air intake and a header.

/winning
aaaaa....they'll fit alright!

ill have to shave stuff if anything..but from experience and resources. D series are all interchangable. I meant pistons btw. Crankshaft i thought about it too. Idk..io have to calculate compression to see if im conviced. As for a tranny..yea i thought the same thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.