Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 civic dx
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm looking to get this guy's used suspension (koni yellow...and sportlines) - and i know that according to both manufacturer's websites... that the lifetime warranty only applies to the original buyer - original car... etc.

now he says that he knows a shop that can make a reciept for me as if i bought it... would that work? i guess what i'm asking is what is the process that koni/eibach does to replace your parts if they break?

(send it in... check the computers for original buyer? or do you send your reciept in???...yadda yadda?) someone please answer these...

·
Registered
229 Posts
So you want to commit fraud? Can't help you there dude. I find it morally reprehensible that you'd even ask. If the Koni's aren't leaking fluid, the adjusters turn, and they aren't physically damaged from an accident or bottoming out you are going to be set for a VERY long time. Same with the springs.

·
Registered
94 civic dx
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow...fraud - didn't occur to me - sorta feel embarassed now :hammer:. i guess i should just check em out for leaks and stuff.

Reactions: Siege911

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,796 Posts
I'd bet if you contacted a Koni sale rep/engineer, he'd give a straight answer.

I'll ask Lee the "question" when I go to look over his tranny.

PS: turboedpickup, RvB FTMFW!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Neither will cover your warranty if you drop the car more than 1.5 inches on your drop. They also must be installed by a certified tech. Eibach will void if used with coil overs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts