Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! we start the car today after they finally put back everything in but faced one problem!

one of the warning lights is on! i think it is for Cat converter or something but not sure.

there was this cable also hanging from Cat converter which we couldn't figure out what we have to do with it!

Help please!
Thanks

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I could feel the heat while driving near center console also! but it is after a long time that i am driving the car so i may be normal.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is that wire coming off of the O2 sensor. If it is that is your problem.
i think O2 sensor is just over the exhaust header! isn't it?

the cat has a very simple heat sensor on it. its one wire and when the cat gets hot it outputs a voltage. this tells you if ur cat is getting really hot and needs changing. all u need to do is ground the wire to get rid of the light.

its under the car by where the shifter goes through the floor?
ya. it is one wire cable just hanging from there. is it supposed to be hanging like that? the end should be connected to anything? because i didn't see it hanging like this before.

i don't want to just get rid of it. i want to know why suddenly this happened and solve it. before i change the engine it was ok i have never seen that light be on. my car has been there for like 1 month and now it is like that.

is it fine that i drive the car like this?

·
Registered
92 Honda Civic VTI
838 Posts
if you have a look on the cat ull see a small metal thing welded to it about an inch long and about the diameter of a pencil. it would have been attached to that.

there no problem with grounding it as if u plan on not running a cat its worthless anyways. you could always try reconnecting it but that will be easier said than done if its broken off.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if you have a look on the cat ull see a small metal thing welded to it about an inch long and about the diameter of a pencil. it would have been attached to that.

there no problem with grounding it as if u plan on not running a cat its worthless anyways. you could always try reconnecting it but that will be easier said than done if its broken off.
I couldn't find what you said so here is a photo. would you tell me where should i look for that thing?

I have no plan to run without a CAT since i have no idea what the advantages would be. why should i do that?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
not sure where on the cat it is but ull have to remove the heat shield to find it.
so the problem is that cable is not connected or is it possible that my CAT is broken? is it going to damage the CAT if you leave it with no header attached to it for 2 months? cause my car was there for around 2 months.

·
Registered
92 Honda Civic VTI
838 Posts
the first problem is the cable isnt attached to the sensor. if u connect it then it will tell u if ur cat is stuffed.

u realise that u probably broke the wire when u disconnected the cat froim the headder.

u dont need the wire connected to the sensor on the cat. you can just ground it to the chassis somewhere. its not going to damage anything. its the simplest and easiest solution to get rid of the light

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I solved the problem. :TU: no warning light anymore. just found where the wire should be attached. i will post about it soon with photos.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
mystery solved...

Here are the photos. one end of the wire was attached to top of the CAT. this time i saw a small hole under the car and i just thought maybe the wire should pass through that. after pushing the wire into the hole the wire came out inside the car from near pedals just behind the center console. we found a connector there and attached the wire to it and the light went off! Thanks god!

here is the sensor, i guess only JDM models have this sensor cause there was nothing inside USDM HELM about this, god i want JDM manual!!!:

here is the hole the other end should go in:
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

here is how the other end looks like:

and this is the connector for it, just beside my foot rest:

sorry for blur photos. it was hard to focus on the damn wire. hope it helps if anybody had a stupid problem like this!

I am not sure about this but i felt some improvement in car performance after this wire was connected.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts