Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched for it, and I can't believe it doesn't exist. Anyone who has seen Hot Fuzz knows the "for the greater good" line. I couldn't help but hear the village cult murmur this line when Sarah Palin said it in the debate.

All serious judgment aside I think this would be a great video, if someone with the skill and software created it.

I can see this in the Politics area just as much as the Entertainment area, but the basis for this video is not in politics. I believe it is based in humor. If the mod believes differently then by all means, please move it (and if so I apologize for the misjudgment).

·
Administrator
Honda
6,992 Posts
I've searched for it, and I can't believe it doesn't exist. Anyone who has seen Hot Fuzz knows the "for the greater good" line. I couldn't help but hear the village cult murmur this line when Sarah Palin said it in the debate.

All serious judgment aside I think this would be a great video, if someone with the skill and software created it.

I can see this in the Politics area just as much as the Entertainment area, but the basis for this video is not in politics. I believe it is based in humor. If the mod believes differently then by all means, please move it (and if so I apologize for the misjudgment).

What :confused:

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Wanted: a video with palin being quoted "for the greater good" with a cut to the Hot Fuzz scene with the village cult murmuring "for the greater good".

I've searched the net and it doesn't exist. I think it'd be hilarious, but I lack the knowledge and software to patch together a video of it. I'm requesting that someone who does and shares my sense of humor make this video.

Allow me to illustrate:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yUpbOliTHJY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yUpbOliTHJY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

·
COOOOOOL BEAAANNNS
^^
980 Posts
i've seen hot fuzz, and i think i understand what you are getting at. Like her speech reminded you of the movie or are you trying to relate the two saying that shit is like the cult in the movie?

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
There are some instances in which a parallel may be drawn between cult practice and Sarah Palin, such as the videos of her preaching to the church community about God's will in our soldiers being in Iraq, and the exorcism she went through, but it is very thin and not to be taken seriously--much like the content of this proposed video. The coincidence is what I'm enthused by. It simply reminded me of the movie.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts