Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
'93 / '95 Del Sol Si - '95 DX Coupe - '98 Civic Hatch - '00 Accord EX F23 Manual
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to finally build a trans that is mine.
It's basically one of the last things I have left to do to my car mechanically.

I need -

HF (or equivalent) 5th gear...for the cruising, man.

A ridiculous final drive - 4.7 - 4.9

Right now, I have a '95 DX and '94 Si for donor gears...I wish I would have just kept my CRX HF now. Sucks.

I have cash and tons of stuff to trade. The collection is getting off the hook.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,743 Posts
Use your DX 5th gear, or I might have a few spares. I got rid of my HF 5th's because people were will to pay STUPID prices for them.

.702 = $25
.694 = $150 for only 30 less rpm when cruising

4.7's might have faded away, but 4.9's should be able to get from Gear-X or MFactory.

I haven't talked to KIWI (he used to be a member here) at Special Project Motorsports but year ago he tried to make me a deal on the remaining 4.73 hydro FD's but all my racing customers run 4.9's He might have a 4.5x left to get rid of.

·
Registered
'93 / '95 Del Sol Si - '95 DX Coupe - '98 Civic Hatch - '00 Accord EX F23 Manual
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's nuts. It's been a long time..but I drove an HF for ten or eleven years and HF 5th just felt light years more mellow than the DX. Must've been the FD on the HF?

I was gonna' hit you up about possibly tossing this thing together when I get the parts...and talking $$$, of course. This whole build is just about making this thing fun to drive....while remaining d-series.

I also still have those two auto-nannies (B2 / Z6)...both are operational and if you wanted them, I would flat-out give them to you, dude.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,743 Posts
I don't need no slushies in the way.

I have a EF trans I built for the CRX MPG before it went away, 3.722 FD and EX 5th, same gearing as 96-00 CX/HX trans.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts