Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, i deffinately have a problem w/ my stocker EG CX motor, aka D15 8 valver. anyways, when i first got my car, i had to do a HG change, so i did, but i didn't re-mill the head, this because i didn't have an adjustable cam gear, etc.

anyways, for about a month or so, i've had to put in about 3-4 qts every 4 days because i was either burning oil or something. come to find out, and i've known for awhile now, my oil is ending up in the coolant system.

now, one thing is certain, its probably a warped head, and or blown HG. thats obvious, but here's the thing.

1. oil is in the rad, or floating at the top of the rad.
2, oil is in the coolant overfloor tank, or the top of it.
3. coolant is still present in the coolant system, and absolutely no overheating.
4. the car runs and drives fine, only does a little smoking when i get on it, but other then that doesn't smoke at all.
5. the temp guage is reading fine and no signs of over heating have occured.
6. the car heats up fine
7. NO pancake batter under the oil fill cap, or rad cap. non, no milky substance.
8. no coolant in the oil pan, or filter.

what do you guys think?

im looking to swap a Y7, Y8, or any SOHC Vtec motor soon(hopefully if i can find one). right now im working on borrowed time because i don't know when she might go, but im hoping she'll last till i find a motor.

trust me, im scared everyday, but my other car is undergoing a motor swap, so i have to drive her.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
because cost affectively for the future, a D15B vtec swap is better. the upgrade will be well worth it if i just abide my time and then get one, which isn't too far away.

plus, why remill an 8valver and spend the money to do so, when i can just get a swap done. all in all, the motor and trans will be on the way out for a better upgrade.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
because cost affectively for the future, a D15B vtec swap is better. the upgrade will be well worth it if i just abide my time and then get one, which isn't too far away.

plus, why remill an 8valver and spend the money to do so, when i can just get a swap done. all in all, the motor and trans will be on the way out for a better upgrade.
I get that but if your worried about your car melting down it's probebly not a bad idea to fix it before your car is driveway filler.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts