Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok fellas check it out. I have a 2000 EX auto coupe. I want to get a new cam either Skunk2, Zex/Comp or Crower, and has to be stage 1. The reason for wanting stage 1 is because I can't spend more money on the springs and retainers, easy tune, and I want it to have good idle.

Here are the mods I have so far:
AEM Short ram
*Skunk2 IM
*AEM Cam Gear
DC Sports 4-2-1 Header
OBX Hi-Flow Cat
Apex'i WS2 cat back exhaust

*haven't been installed yet

Other mods (just to throw em up here)
Eibach Pro Kit
Tokico Illuminas
*SPC Front and rear camber kit
Front and Rear Strut Bars
ADR Sokudo 17" rims
Toyo Proxes 4

And yes I plan on doing the 5spd conversion, but not before this summer.

Your help is greatly appreciated. And yes I did SEARCH. I spent hours reading through all the cam threads but did not find an answer for my specific need.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Bisimoto all the way... :TU:

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I hear you on that but his vtecs are mad pricy. Just go with crower its pretty cheap.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Keep in mind your cam is going to push your power up in the rpm range and with an automatic transmission you wouldn't be able really take advantage of it. In fact it will probably be slower. I would definitely wait.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Carby has got a point in fact he is 100 percent correct.You want someting that makes good low end and doesnt have a lot of lift.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Keep in mind your cam is going to push your power up in the rpm range and with an automatic transmission you wouldn't be able really take advantage of it. In fact it will probably be slower. I would definitely wait.
Thanks bro, don't know why I didn't think of that before. I guess I'll get one after the conversion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts