Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Jeep Rubicon
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i have a 96 civic hatch an when i got it there was a 00 frontend on it. well lastnight i traded with a friend an come to fine out they cut the taps. Witch i didnt know u had to do when doing the conversion.

So now idk wat to do!! i want the 96-98 frontend back on!! So wat am i to do guys??

I need your help on this one

thanks,
Nate

·
Registered
2003 Jeep Rubicon
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump for some help

·
Registered
same as above
1,084 Posts
1) Weld new tabs back on
2) Get a new core support

·
Registered
2003 Jeep Rubicon
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1) Weld new tabs back on
2) Get a new core support
I can see welding new tabs on but a new core support??

Would that be way to much 2 do?

·
Registered
same as above
1,084 Posts
I can see welding new tabs on but a new core support??

Would that be way to much 2 do?
You asked what you can do to get your 96-98 front end back on. I gave you the only two options I can come up with. You either fab up some some new brackets and weld them on or if you dont do that get a new core support. Yes it is excessive but its still an option.

·
Registered
same as above
1,084 Posts
Did they cut the tabs completely off or just cut a section out and drill a new hole?

Edit: I just looked at your build thread and they just cut a section out just cut a small square and weld it back in the void.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Yeap, just either weld another section to the tab and redrill the whole or be creative and make some mounts from the existing whole to the new whole. Or buy a whole new support.

·
nonvtak ftw
5,230 Posts
is the front end messed up to the point you need another front end or do you just wanna go back to the 96-98. If theres no problem with it i would just leave it alone.

Post some pics up of this

·
Registered
same as above
1,084 Posts
is the front end messed up to the point you need another front end or do you just wanna go back to the 96-98. If theres no problem with it i would just leave it alone.

Post some pics up of this
My new EJ6 build - D-series.org I'd say it looks fine but sounds like he already traded somebody for the 96-98

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
i suggest welding the tabs but if you got creative with some thick sheetmetal and self tapping screws you could make something work. again, i suggest welding but this would be an option for you.

·
nonvtak ftw
5,230 Posts
My new EJ6 build - D-series.org I'd say it looks fine but sounds like he already traded somebody for the 96-98
the way it was looking it would have been better just to leave it and paint it. now theres gonna be a core support swap in order and re painting the bay to fit the newer front end.

honestly the 96-98 front end looks better imo.

·
Registered
same as above
1,084 Posts
why did you trade something that is for the 96-98 when you had a 99-00 front? imo, you already had a good front end, seems kind of backwards.
Lol some people like 96-98 more. I had a guy wanting to trade my 96 front end for his 99.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Lol some people like 96-98 more. I had a guy wanting to trade my 96 front end for his 99.
both in VA and here in NV, people kept bugging me about selling my 99 nose. i am guessing its for the fogs??

anywho, i really just like 99-00 nose. guess its my opinion.. and since i am a BAMF, we will all default to it ;)

:sweatdrop:

:lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts