Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im new to the forced induction area of this lovely honda world lol...so im running a eg8 wit a d15b stage 3 vtec i know the motor is a fuel economy motor and it might be some wat slow well it is its feels nothing like 130 hp but watever this is wat i wanna put the bottle on it its completely stock wit a eg si trans... my question is i guess on a stock motor wat could a run a 50 shot? and would i run it dry or wet not sure wat they really mean just hear it around so looking for info...should i do some work to the motor before getting nos im not looking for crazy power i know most stock single running like 17 lucky 16's...im looking to run maybe a low 14's might be good like i said not looking for max power...so wat should i do and a price range of wat i would be spending would be great so i know even a good estimate would work

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pretty helpful thanks but i saw a couple not recommending nitrous on a stock motor should i listen to them...another question is which nitrous system should i go wit? and does anybody have any idea wat i would be pushing wit a 50 shot i guess was the safest i could run on the stock motor

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
...another question is which nitrous system should i go wit?
Two bottles, the big ones....talk to harry and he can get them for you by TONIGHT!!!!!!!

·
Registered
982 Posts
99EJ6T is actually being nicer than I would have expected from the members. However, he is giving the information you need to survive in all forums in general. If you don't know something or have questions, chances are that there are many many others that have had the same questions way before you asked them. So you will get your answers much quicker if you do a simple search for it. In doing so, you will get better and better at what key words to use for you searches. On top of that, you will learn more and get more questions answered that you never even though about asking in the first place.

To tell you the truth, when I read the thread title, I was going to tell you to get your fire retardant attire on, cause flames were coming your way fast.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
you quoted before i changed it.. :pinch:

But DOM is going to be there. I HAVE TO BEAT HIM!!!!!
you can't beat him.. he lives his life a 1/4 mile at a time!!

99EJ6T is actually being nicer than I would have expected from the members.
wow, such a negative outlook on us "older" members.. thats it, i didnt have my ensure today, neg rep!!!

j/k :D

·
Poop Sock
3,798 Posts
Yes! you guys just went over the entire fast and furious movie hahaha that was funny. Get the sneaky pete, I think that thing is cool.
1993-1997 Honda Civic del Sol - NOS Nitrous System - Sneeky Pete - Direct fit product

...just a suggestion haha.
ya, that's a nice kit. but if you really want improvements you'd go AT LEAST a 55shot and that "10oz bottle" is just enough to piss you off. i ran a zex 55dry shot on my ej8 with a 10pound bottle and it wasnt enough. think of nitrous as just having one more gear. it's not like f&f, "NOS" buttons are lame, and you wont SINK back in your seat. Dont get me wrong though, spray is addicting and talking about it again wants me to go refill my bottle.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Yeah I miss mine too. It was basically the same set up as wizards. 55 shot, 10lb bottle, and it was on a full throttle switch, it was a Brand x kit, ebay ftw. I would just rather a turbo.

·
Poop Sock
3,798 Posts
Yeah I miss mine too. It was basically the same set up as wizards. 55 shot, 10lb bottle, and it was on a full throttle switch, it was a Brand x kit, ebay ftw. I would just rather a turbo.
deffenitly wallman. i got my sexy "safety toggle switch" wired for 55ponies of dry at full throttle ha. but ya, turbo is deffenitly cheaper in the end and more power.

cheaper depending on how many times you fill your bottle. idk about yall but where i go its $4.50 per pound.

·
Poop Sock
3,798 Posts
i gotta say though the zex bottle is a panty drop just by itself. this bottle was my dads so it's staying in the family. id like to have a case of sexy parts on my wall some day with this in it for sure.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Random fact: This thread sucks

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
1 - 20 of 38 Posts