Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:devil: dunno if ive just ruined the head but what ever....see what you guys think..i just started this and its not done...but im practically done with one cylinder (exhaust port and intake)
before polish

and after

exhaust

considering its the first time ive ever done this, im pretty happy with the way it looks...now once im done ill let you all know if its worth it or not

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
That intake port you don't wanna polish it! Rough it back up...it'll help with the atomization of the air/fuel mixture.

Get 'er done!

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks decent get it flowbenched if you can when your done
in spain we have windmills :bandito:
That intake port you don't wanna polish it! Rough it back up...it'll help with the atomization of the air/fuel mixture.

Get 'er done!
will do sir....i just found that out today :ssst: i figured i needed to polish EVERYTHING....gusfailed

·
The H Badge is it!
5,657 Posts
looks good, you should def. get it flowbenched to make sure the ports are all even, if they arent it could be a bitch to tune..

oh, and the exhaust side should only be polished

·
El Noob
2,794 Posts
Hey bro. Looking good but I can't see the big pictures. Sorry to hijack this thread a bit but around how much would it be to flow bench a head?

I did my first PnP not to long ago and although its pretty much done. Still have to do some touch ups. Keep us updated on the pics man.

http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=84551&highlight=LoSt+GhoSt+EJ8&page=3

My un-updated thread. It was pretty cool doing it but a bit tiring and time consuming.

·
The H Badge is it!
5,657 Posts
Hey bro. Looking good but I can't see the big pictures. Sorry to hijack this thread a bit but around how much would it be to flow bench a head?

I did my first PnP not to long ago and although its pretty much done. Still have to do some touch ups. Keep us updated on the pics man.

http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=84551&highlight=LoSt+GhoSt+EJ8&page=3

My un-updated thread. It was pretty cool doing it but a bit tiring and time consuming.
call yor local machine shop and ask 1)if they do it and 2 )how much it is...

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
I'm gasket matching everything myself, but leaving the ports alone. I feel cuz I'll be boosting and the head flows well to begin with, I'll be just fine.

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
very important after your done removing material you want your intake ports a little rough to help with atomization(already mentioned) however you want your exhaust ports smooth to prevent carbon build up and get the air outta that beezy as quick as you can

·
Registered
407 Posts

one thing to think of is consistency between the ports. unless you can trim fuel and spark for each cylinder.

just something to think about.

m.

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
3,890 Posts
wow that is awesome doing it yourself good job

·
D-series Janitor
1,220 Posts
good times . . . at some point you just have to DO instead of READ.

my $0.02 on polishing . . . I don't ever get finer than a 80 grit. It takes about a day for that port to get black again.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
looks good.
could u tell us what u used for bits?
if i tell you that ive used a cheap ass kit that they sell in the supermarket will you believe me? hahah i bought a dremel sanding bit and it was way too rough...so i used the dremel bits to take material out and the cheap stuff to polish cause its a much finer grit....(these are all sanding barells)

call yor local machine shop and ask 1)if they do it and 2 )how much it is...
will do but im pretty sure they dont....and if they do itll be expencieve as all hell

I'm gasket matching everything myself, but leaving the ports alone. I feel cuz I'll be boosting and the head flows well to begin with, I'll be just fine.
ill be boosting it too, and yes it flows good....but i just had to try it...it was a spare head i had laying around :stuart:

Well my plan is to polish the exhaust side and to knife edge the divider in the intake and possible gasket match the ports. If i fuck up i have a couple spare heads i can use.
so thats what knife edginf is i had no idea :shaun: (seriously) thats what im doing cause it just looks too funky and bulky with that un even edge

one thing to think of is consistency between the ports. unless you can trim fuel and spark for each cylinder.

just something to think about.

m.
im tryng to be as precise as possible :)

With all the casting marks left in the ports I doubt the the ports flow evenly from the factory.
this it also true

wow that is awesome doing it yourself good job

1 - 20 of 23 Posts