Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my mechanic wants 75 bucks labor to install my 255 walbro, I know it cant be that hard.... now I know you have to take out your back seat( already done) and you remove that plate thing then what???? could I do this myself?.....can anyone give me some tisp???? I would GREATLY appreciate it!! Thanks Paul

·
Registered
486 Posts
^^^^^ wrong... i'll help ya out... first take your gas cap off, let out pressure. remove plate. disconnect connecter. remove the two fuel lines.. have shop rags it maybe leak a little fuel.. slowly remove the whole fuel pump.. remove the stock fuel pump from bracket, a clip holds the pump on.. rmove the sock on the bottem of fuel pump and put on walbro... place walbro on bracket, might have to bend the bottem of braket a little... and put in tank connect lines and connector.. bolt all back put gas cap on... then cycle key to on then off 5 times you'll hear the pump whine.. make sure to charge the lines by turnning key to on postion, but not running.. at least 5 times. then fire up and good to go... very easy only basic mech. knowleadge needed.. any problems let me know.

D

·
0 Posts
Dude its so easy my wife did mine while I was putting in the turbo setup LOL Dont waste the $75 you can do it man!

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
D16Z6TURBO said:
Dude its so easy my wife did mine while I was putting in the turbo setup LOL Dont waste the $75 you can do it man!
you guys rock!!! Thanks for the info!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
726 Posts
i dont let mechanics touch my car lol i dont trust anyones work but my own so if somthing breaks im the one to blame lol

good luck with the feul pump man

·
Shoot me!
2000 hatchback
6,890 Posts
skoracing said:
^^^^^ wrong... i'll help ya out... first take your gas cap off, let out pressure. remove plate. disconnect connecter. remove the two fuel lines.. have shop rags it maybe leak a little fuel.. slowly remove the whole fuel pump.. remove the stock fuel pump from bracket, a clip holds the pump on.. rmove the sock on the bottem of fuel pump and put on walbro... place walbro on bracket, might have to bend the bottem of braket a little... and put in tank connect lines and connector.. bolt all back put gas cap on... then cycle key to on then off 5 times you'll hear the pump whine.. make sure to charge the lines by turnning key to on postion, but not running.. at least 5 times. then fire up and good to go... very easy only basic mech. knowleadge needed.. any problems let me know.
Couldnt have said it any better i did this install on a 2000 hatch very simple believe me you can do it.
It actually takes longer to take out your rear seat and thats like 2 clips.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
skoracing said:
Actually, the first thing you need to do is disconnect the battery. The rest sounds right on the money.

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
streetforce said:
i dont let mechanics touch my car lol i dont trust anyones work but my own so if somthing breaks im the one to blame lol

good luck with the feul pump man
WERD!

Yeah, FUCK! your mechanic! I wonder what else he's ripped you on......92+ it only takes literally 5 mins. .

Yeah, like d16a6 power said, try doing it on a 88-91, shit takes forever. :mad:

3100 posts and you can't remove a fuel pump........... J/K

1 - 11 of 11 Posts