Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
civic vx
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got the walbro fuel pump in and it ran fine , now I go out to my car this morning and its spitting and sputtering at full throttle, then completely shits out and wont go past 5000 rpm. What the hell is going on!! lol. I replaced the fuel filter hoping that was the problem and it wasnt, so tomorrow i'm gonna replace the sock on the pump. Any input on this would be good, thanks.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,943 Posts
That sounds like your ecu went into LIMP mode. Did you do anything with your ecu recently? I don't know what's wrong, I'm just asking.

·
Registered
civic vx
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I disconnected the negative terminal on the battery to do the pump. Hopefully that is the problem, just got my chipped ecu in the mail so that wouldnt be a big prob. I was thinking it might be the sock on the filter because i didnt change it, but its really wierd that it will not go past 5 thousand at all.

·
D-series SoCal Division
93' dx hatchback
659 Posts
Have you tried swaping out the walbro for the stock one?

Whats your engine setup?

·
Registered
civic vx
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
new socks on the fuel pump... still a huge faaaail. gonna put my new aeromotive fuel pressure regulator and gauge on when they arrive if neither of those work the pumps gettin sent back. :(

Theres no chance my computers fried or in limp mode right? Its not throwing a code and i disconnected the battery earlier. Its just wierd how it cuts power as soon as i hit like 5000 rpm. wtf

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
its spitting and sputtering at full throttle, then completely shits out and wont go past 5000 rpm.
It sounds like you have two issues going on, either a misfire at full throttle then at 5k it seems like an ecu issue ( does it fall hard on its face almost like the car lunges forward ) ? You could be see some kind of safe mode on the tune and its stopping there.

What kind of gas are you running on the walbro, I'm not saying they don't fail but its rare, I know e85 does shorten the lifespan of the walbros .

Also did you buy it from a reputable dealer ?

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Just make sure its not a knock off, and it definitely sounds like its mechanical issue, doesn't sound like it has anything to do with the ecu, unless the tune is that far off but if the car was fine before and now all the sudden its doing it, I'd look into the fuel or spark.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I kinda had the same issue with my walbro 255. Bought it brand new and worked fine, but after 10 mins of run time it would cut in and out and not put out any fuel pressure would still run though just didnt work. i emailed them about it and they pretty much told me i was s.o.l

·
Registered
civic vx
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah I have the fpr on the way, if its not that then the pumps going back. It should have nothing to do with any tune, Im running the stock ecu right now. The only reason I thought it was the fpr is becaus the bigger pump was prolly a slap in my 20 yr old fpr face lol, we'll find out I guess :/

Thanks alot for the feed back bob, Ill make sure to look into your services n products for your help. Shows alot for a business when your willing to help with somebodys issues reguardless if were a customer or not!

·
Registered
civic vx
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I kinda had the same issue with my walbro 255. Bought it brand new and worked fine, but after 10 mins of run time it would cut in and out and not put out any fuel pressure would still run though just didnt work. i emailed them about it and they pretty much told me i was s.o.l
That is exactly what happened to me!!! And that answer ( your s.o.l) will not fly with me. Itll turn into a way bigger deal then they wanna deal with, theyll get sick of me and finally give up another pump haha. Im sure there wont be a prob with the exchange though.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
That is exactly what happened to me!!! And that answer ( your s.o.l) will not fly with me. Itll turn into a way bigger deal then they wanna deal with, theyll get sick of me and finally give up another pump haha. Im sure there wont be a prob with the exchange though.
Hopefully walbro or the company you bought it for helps you out. I know if it was purchased here, no matter what Walbro says, we'd take care of you or any customer for that matter.

·
Registered
ej1
1,222 Posts
I'm glad I saw this and it wasn't an electrical issue.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts