Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Administrator
Honda
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright, so the plans are set. The Itinerary is below. Now I just need a basic head count for James (SF) and the Go-Kart Track.

When: 2:30PM
Where: SpeedFactory (Directions on site - http://www.speedfactoryracing.net/ )

What are we doing? Hanging out, taking Pics and BBQ!!

Then what? Then we will all mob down to the Go-Kart Track for some head to head racing. (Directions and Prices here: http://www.grandprixraceway.com/ )
Ok guys, I just got off the phone with my friends Aki and Amber from Grand Prix Raceway. I have a pretty sweet package deal lined up for each person. Lots of racing will happen for each person. Even if you don't qualify for the final event, you will still get to have an extra race session.

Ok, if we just walked in and raced, this is how pricing goes. $20/race for non-members, $18 per race for members. This means if we each only wanted to race two 10min races, it would be $36-40 per person.

However, this is what we are going to get for $40/person

* Each person will get 5 practice laps to get to see the layout of the track and familarize themselves with the karts.

* Each person will get two 15 lap qualifying heats.

I asked that qualifying be done on a lowest lowest laptime basis and not a position basis. They said they can do this. The reason is because laptime gives a better idea of racer skill than position, because if Don or Krycheck's lard ass spins in front of you and traps you for a minute before you get free, it doesn't matter if you are Michael Shumaker, you are going to loose the race. By laptime, you only need to get 1 clean lap in to show your skills.

The top 7 (maybe 8 if we drive well enough to not just have bottleneck crashes with that many karts) laptime holders from the qualifying sessions advance to a 25lap main event. The top three fastest guys will get trophies on the podium, along with winning the betting pot. :)

The remainder of the whole group that didn't qualify to run in the main event will still get to run a full extra session each.

Also, the owners wife personally informed me that she would make sure that we all get extra long sessions to race.

Does this sound like a good enough deal for everybody? I think it's about the best bang for the buck you are going to find for $40 spent karting.

If this is what everybody wants, let me know ASAP, because she wants to be able to reserve the time block on her calender.

I am SOOO pumped about this! Karts are so much fun!!!

-Luke

Make Sure to Bring enough $$ for BBQ Items and the Go-Kart Racing

Meet Attending: (30)
Senoryandel
hatchnthoughts
zackiedarko
f00ker
Krychek57
jaywryals
95cxw/z6
adam_88crx
4drturboD +1
SOHCinWA +1
narkicu187
liveforphysics
Reaction360
Jewbacca
Atmosfear +1
(SpeedFactory) Ricky, Kevin, Tyler, and James
mobile_tech_racing + 3
4speedpride
icarusdown +1

Kart Attending: (28)
Senoryandel
zackiedarko
f00ker
Krychek57
jaywryals
95cxw/z6
4drturboD +1
SOHCinWA +1
narkicu187
liveforphysics +1
Reaction360
Jewbacca
Atmosfear +1
(SpeedFactory) Ricky, Kevin, Tyler, and James
mobile_tech_racing + 3
icarusdown +1

·
Registered
1993 trans am
1,073 Posts
i, most definately will be there and ill drag zackiedarko with me

·
Registered
123 Posts
ill deff be there this time might bring a friend along ill let ya know a lil later down the road but count me in for both

·
D-series Champ
1,338 Posts
i'm in for both, bbq and racing...all we need is naked girls and some natty light and it's a red neck holiday. actually i'm excited to run against some real drivers, so bring your A+ game guys 8)

·
Premium Member
A lot
2,028 Posts
Yes to both, my wife will likely be coming with. One of my co-workers is friends with the owner of the kart track, Ill see if I can get us some sort of deal. They are all Corvette guys though, so dont get your hopes up.

·
Registered
1988 Civic Hatch
652 Posts
im always down for a meet. not sure if i can make the karting though. but def the meet

·
Registered
1988 Civic Hatch
652 Posts
isnt the 17th a sat?

·
Registered
1988 Civic Hatch
652 Posts
and did you just change teh title?

well regardless, i will be down, i will be boosted, and no i wont have a god awful hole in my hood

1 - 20 of 163 Posts