Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
My car...
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is W/M Injection legal to use on the street?
I believe the Clean Air Act (from 1990?) allows Methonal to be used as an alternative fuel. And I also know that certain amounts of some chemicals can be purchased and transported by consumers without the need of special packaging or that chemical-diamond-marker-thing. But I believe that's only for transporting the product home or where ever your going, and not for actual use of it as a fuel. But since it's an alternative fuel, you should just be able to use it, right?

Or another situation would be if you where pulled over. A CRX doesn't really have a trunk you can hide things in, so for the most part a cop can see the entire inside of the car. So what if they saw you had like a six-gallon container of the stuff, hooked up? What do you say/how do you explain it/can they ticket you?

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
easy to explain.. its a remote overflow for a secondary cooling system. haha.. just bs it, seeing as most cops DONT know that much about cars. those that do, tend to just ignore the little details cause its a hassle. or you could always hide it or cover it. then again, how often are you getting pulled over and searched? geez. i would start with that problem first..... :tt2:

·
Ferio inspired
90' Civic sedan
2,441 Posts
methanol looks like water anyways, just tell him it's your fluid resivour for your rear wiper! just make sure you remove any labels on the tank, and your pump should be mounted out of sight near the spare anyways.

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
I've never heard of any laws saying it's illegal. Maybe CA is more strict but here as long as your emissions equipment is in place(and no CEL if OBD2), they could care less.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,267 Posts
Your car already has a one gallon tank, use it wisely :)

Note, the blue dye might effect reading the spark plugs.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,267 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts