Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my friend wants to do a vx/hx swap in a crx. what all is needed to get the hydro tranny to work. what mounts and axels are needed. im sorry if there is a thread on this already, i just dont have time to do a search. i have been out of the honda scene for a while and im trying to help my buddy out. i know about the hf, but i think this would be a better option.

thanks in advance.

ryan

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
my friend wants to do a vx/hx swap in a crx.
Any particular reason why? Just what he could get his hands on? Going for a high MPG build or something?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
my friend wants to do a vx/hx swap in a crx. what all is needed to get the hydro tranny to work. what mounts and axels are needed. im sorry if there is a thread on this already, i just dont have time to do a search. i have been out of the honda scene for a while and im trying to help my buddy out. i know about the hf, but i think this would be a better option.

thanks in advance.

ryan
use HF tranny and be done with that issue.

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
he is looking for a high mpg setup. i have a vx tranny. thats y i was wondering what would be needed as far as mounts and axels. im sure someone has done a hydro d swap in a rex.

ryan

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
use HF tranny and be done with that issue.
Gonna have to agree with that one. Alot less trouble for nearly the same outcome.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
he is looking for a high mpg setup. i have a vx tranny. thats y i was wondering what would be needed as far as mounts and axels. im sure someone has done a hydro d swap in a rex.

ryan
Do your research on tranny ratios and report back.

Tonight I converted a 5g DX tranny to a EX 1-4 with CRX si 5th and VX/HF 3.250 FD.

Two hours and 15 minutes, I am AWESOME :)

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
we just wanted to use what we had. it would seem better to put that final in the ex tranny. will a hydro final drive work in a cable tranny. or does anyone know where a hf tranny is for sale. i have honestly never came across one.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
You don't come across Hf tranny because there's no demand for them. Someone probebly has one laying aroound but won't admit to it. If all else fails try www.car-part.com and see if you can find one.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
4g DX tranny with HF FD, cable must stay cable FD.

I have the ultra rare 2.95 Cail FD (or is it on 1988?) sitting here if you desire it.

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
I don't see why it's odd. CRX were designed as economy cars to begin with; same as the Geo's, and also came with fuel efficient engines. My brother is doing the same thing with his CX; currently has a B7 swapped in but he's rebuilding the B8 and throwing that back in.

·
Registered
Civic, crv, titan
1,505 Posts

thanks in advance.

ryan
You dont have time to do a search, but you have time to post up and continue to post after each reply.............sounds like laziness to me

·
Premium Member
96,97,00 civic
2,149 Posts
I would just keep the trans that is in it for now and swap the engine first. Rywire could help you with that. Remember though 92-95vx ECU's use a 5-wire secondary o2 sensor so that issue will also need to be addressed.

I happen to have a vx ecu if you would be interested. (sorry vx-bubble it won't work for me)

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You dont have time to do a search, but you have time to post up and continue to post after each reply.............sounds like laziness to me
i didnt have time when i posted the question but i have done research since then. the only question i have now is axels. thanks everyone for helping me this far

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
so i can use factory axels and motormounts. i might need to use the hydro rear L bracket but im not for sure on that yet

1 - 20 of 22 Posts