Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does the EGR work? Where, and all you know of this? I believe mine is gone, but I have a bad vacuum leak... HELP

·
Registered
314 Posts
EGR recirculates exhaust gases back into the intake manifold for recombustion, looking at the intake manifold, the EGR lift sensor and EGR valve sit to the left of the throttle body, and down a few inches, is a circular valve with a small boxy looking thing on top of it lol, thats the lift sensor.

If the EGR is not connected, you should smell exhaust gas after coming to a stop every once in a while, as it purges to the intake, but if its not connected, obviously, its not getting there, and its just venting, which is better for power, clean air is always a plus.

The EGR operates based on lots of things, throttle position, engine speed, rpm, vacuum, and rich-lean conditions. It purges itself according to those conditions, which could be every few seconds, or up to 30 seconds based on the condition of the valve, and those above conditions, it shouldn't really hinder the cars performance at all, since all it does it reuses old exhaust, actually making your car efficient, but less powerful. The only thing i can see wrong is the vacuum leak. A vacuum pressure guage is helpful in locating how big the leak is, and if its the EGR at all.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts