Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so yea... im doing a mini me swap on my good ole vx. do i need to do any wiring and do i need to get a new ecu or vtec controller for my vtec to run good or can i just keep my stock ecu.

C

·
0 Posts
Im pretty sure you will need a p28 ecu. I had a vx ecu, but when i did a mini me on it i put a p28 on it. But never tried to see if the vx ecu would run it. Just buy a p28. there pretty cheap, ive seen them as low as 80 bucks.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
go to pgmfi.org's library section and lookup the picture of a p28 circuit board. If your VX ecu looks like the p28... in that the VTEC transistor is in the same place... I would try chipping it with a p28 program. You will HAVE to adjust the vtec engagement point. Also, I don't know if the VX ecu can run open loop mode using the z6 head (using all the sensor to control fuel and spark). May have to run it in closed loop mode permanently (using fuel maps only).

I'd say it's a good experiment to try because you can keep your wideband o2!!! (i'm not crazy right? the VX has a wideband o2 sensor, right?) This could be invaluable for tuning...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts