Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
VTEC withdrawals
i "ride" yo momma
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i got my jdm d15b single stage vtec wired FOR vtec. wired the solenoid into A4. ive read that on the d series vtec motors you cant actually "Hear" the vtec kick in. yes...ive done searching lol. my kick in point is 4.4k...i cant feel it....does that mean thats the perfect spot for vtec? i checked the solenoid with the 12v lead trick...it clicked. i plan to wire a little light in tomorrow at the ecu so ill know if the signal is actually coming out of the ecu. im just wondering...should i be able to hear it?

·
Registered
same as above
861 Posts
do you have an aftermarket intake? if so, id say you should hear a difference

·
VTEC withdrawals
i "ride" yo momma
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you have an aftermarket intake? if so, id say you should hear a difference
damn....i do have a short ram. my b7 used to struggle to get past 100 but round 105 it would pick back up...i did 110 no prob today so im really unsure. guess ill just have to see what the light says

·
VTEC withdrawals
i "ride" yo momma
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the solenoid plug doesnt actually "click" together...should it? i might just not have that connection working

·
Registered
218 Posts
I've seen a few people do this, you can get a cheep volt gauge from autozone or any parts store, and the wire thats supposed to get the 12+ (normally red) hook that in to the wire on the solenoid that gets the power, when it's supposed to kick in it'll send a signal to the gauge if it's working right if it doesn't, then it's not hooked up right. It's a little hacked but it'll do the job. then you can say you have a vtec gauge

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
^^Look up
5,468 Posts
Man your not going to hear vtec kick in like a dohc....its a Sohc??

And I highly doubt you'll be beating any type-r's with your del-slow and d15b unless you turbo.

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
^^Look up
5,468 Posts
Or build the fuck out of your engine.
N/A dd in a del slow would need to be built to the balls to beat a type-r. And even then I doubt it.
My old built ZC would burn B16's and GSR's but would'nt hold a match to my buddys type-r.

But I forgot the O.P was beating 300+whp cars with his B7 so you never no. lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts