Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a 97 civic ex, stock y8 motor. replaced valve cover gasket and vtec solinoid gasket, and its still leaking really bad from the top of the vtec solinoid where it meets the head. is this a common problem? what else can i do to stop the leak? thanks in advance

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i know there is one more gasket on the top half of the vtec sol, but it doesnt look like its leaking from there. it looks like its coming from between the sol and the head. ill order the other gasket and see if it works... i really need to have it fixed by monday tho

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its a new distributor, i did think of that tho. i can see it leaking from the top of the solinoid where it meets the head. as soon as the car is started it starts running out. i dont get it... thanks for the reply tho

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Well, after looking at my DD motor today I realized that my vtec noid gasket is leaking too. But I have yet to get a new one put on. Hope you find out the issue quick. GL!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
think its the gasket on the top of the solinoid, not the one thats against the head. took it apart today just to ckeck it, and the gasket was hard as a brick. ill get a new one from honda asap and see what happens. thanks for the reply

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bad news....honda doesnt have that gasket. apparently they dont make a replacement one. guess i gotta find a new solenoid.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i took it apart, cleaned it, and added some of the rubber sealant that i used on the valve cover. so far so good... its just a temporary fix.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts