Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
Yeah, the Z6 and Y8 bolt patterns are different. I should know. I bought a Z6 solenoid for my Y8 thinking it was the same only to find out it wasn't and have to buy a Y8.

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
theres no way that they are different, i have a z6 solenoid on my y8 head, i know for a fact that it's z6 cuz i took it off myself.
:bull: You should double check the cylinder head/vtec solenoid you have then. Compare a picture of them side by side, or personally have them side by side like I did and tell me they aren't different. I'll even put money on it.

·
Registered
348 Posts
From what I've seen, the D-Series VTEC solenoids differ between the OBD generations. The difference is the bolt pattern on the heads/solenoids. I have D16Z6, D16Y8, and D15B 3-Stage VTEC solenoids. LMK if you need one.

·
Registered
My Crix
1,169 Posts
:bull: You should double check the cylinder head/vtec solenoid you have then. Compare a picture of them side by side, or personally have them side by side like I did and tell me they aren't different. I'll even put money on it.
all im saying is that i have a y8 head, p2p casting i do believe. and i had the motor that i took the solenoid off of. It was a d16z6.

there most likely is a difference, but when i got the motor it was a all stock z6. i took the solenoid and sold the rest. there could be a slight possibility that it had a head swap from the previous owner, but it had everything from a z6, im, valve cover and block were at least.

·
Registered
79 Posts
i have a quick question....with the dual stage vtec solenoids can u hook them both up to the same wire thats going to the ecu and have them both engage at the same time with out it having a problem?

·
Registered
787 Posts
my mini vans got the dual stage t=hahahahahaha v takkk kicks in real hard

1 - 17 of 17 Posts