Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
something was wrong with my pictures before and some of you were having a hard time seeing how everything was taken apart and what to expect ect. so i figured id give it another try with the write up and pictures..

this is your Vtec solenoid . it has two gaskets, my base gasket was leaking and it was annoying

you have three 10 mm bolts that hold the soleniod to the head

make sure to put an oil pan down to catch the oil that will come from the solenoid and the head.

when taking the old gasket off, it will most likely be stubborn and not want to be removed, poke a hole in the screen and fish it out that way so you dont nick the solenoid. clean the solenoid with some throttle body cleaner and insert the new gasket.

bolt the solenoid back up to the head ( finger tighten the bolts so you dont cross thread them )

work in a cross pattern and torque to spec. and thats about it your done. check for leaks for the next couple days.

·
Registered
698 Posts
thanks for posting the pics again...I need to to do this as well. What was the TQ setting?.....Oh and is there another gasket internally that should be replaced as well?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im not sure of the torque spec, and as far as i know its just the base gasket and the spool gasket, no internal gasket.. i just tightend them enough to were it was pretty snug and would not leak, you kinda just have to feel it out lol kinda like valve cover bolts same thing haha

·
Registered
6 Posts
i had an oil leak in my y7/y8 mini me, and I couldnt figure out where it was coming from, cause it was leaking down by where the block was stamped. Some one told me it could be the vtec solenoid gasket leaking oil, and it was finding its way to the front of the block... I changed both my upper, and lower solenoid gaskets, and have not had a leak since!

·
Registered
92 EG, 88 ST165 WRC
410 Posts
Nice oil pan :clown:

The torque can't be much since it's aluminum... a few lb/ft?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts