Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im new to d-series. when i bought my 93 civic i noticed a slight oil leak coming from the top end. i replaced my vc gasket and distributor o-ring but it still seems to be leaking. i think its the vtec solenoid. can they even leak oil? if so, is this a common thing? thanks for all your alls help.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I thought mine was leaking too but it turned out to be the dizzy. I'm thinking its the inside of the dizzy now, cuz I replaced the O-ring. I hope you don't have the same problem...check it out. You will have to replace the whole dizzy.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
I thought mine was leaking too but it turned out to be the dizzy. I'm thinking its the inside of the dizzy now, cuz I replaced the O-ring. I hope you don't have the same problem...check it out. You will have to replace the whole dizzy.
That could be possible! Duck & I just replaced his cuz the internal seal was as brittle as metal and leaked into the inside.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
old thread bumping FTL

But, since you asked, I tried local parts stores and they didn't sell it separately. I got mine from the stealership for about $25 bucks (ouch!) but could have found it for cheaper online if I was willing to wait a few days.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ok I picked up the gasket with the metal screen in it. I asked if they had the gasket for the solenoid to the base and they didn't. I was going to remove that to clean it out. Is that something I could use a Permatex Silicone Gasket on?

·
Registered
429 Posts
what are you driving? try http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/ and look at cylinder head category, it'll have a pic of the VTEC solenoid broken down so you can find the part you need. I hope that helps, even if it's a bit late.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts