Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to buy a VTEC solenoid for my mini me project (Z6 HEAD). Do I specifically need the 92-95 civic ex vtec solenoid or can I use any d-series solenoid ---Y8---,.. newer civic..etc.. ?

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
i'm pretty sure they're all the same whether you have a d16 or a b18 or an h22
Not at all...Z6 is different from the Y8, and i'm quite sure they're both different from B and H series.

To the OP, yes you have to get a z6 or d15B vtec (same head as z6) solenoid

·
Registered
a Honda
121 Posts
Not at all...Z6 is different from the Y8, and i'm quite sure they're both different from B and H series.

To the OP, yes you have to get a z6 or d15B vtec (same head as z6) solenoid
i stand corrected on the z6 and y8 but i can promise you the z6 and b16 and h22 vtec solenoids are identical

·
Defender of the D
2,495 Posts
i don't think thats true brb.. goin to check

·
Registered
a Honda
121 Posts
u don't need to... i'm using a vtec solenoid on a b16 head that came off of a z6. not only does it bolt up the same but it works too. my buddy used a b16 vtec solenoid on his h22 so that pretty much backs up what i stand by...

·
Registered
a Honda
121 Posts
Yep, have to have 65 posts to buy or sell...be careful
just my $.02 here...
wouldn't it make sense to allow users to buy from people with over 65 posts but not have posting privledges themselves until they reach that mark? no reason the people that have been here shouldn't be able to sell to anybody, right?

·
Defender of the D
2,495 Posts
well i looked it up and called up to my local honda dealership and they are different part numbers. so using that basis i'm going to call :bsflag: until i'm proven otherwise. so as they say pics or it didn't happen.

just for reference i called and asked about a 1993 honda del sol si vtec solenoid and a 1994 honda prelude si vtec solenoid. if you want me to i can post those part numbers so you can cross reference it.

·
Registered
a Honda
121 Posts
well i looked it up and called up to my local honda dealership and they are different part numbers. so using that basis i'm going to call :bsflag: until i'm proven otherwise. so as they say pics or it didn't happen.

just for reference i called and asked about a 1993 honda del sol si vtec solenoid and a 1994 honda prelude si vtec solenoid. if you want me to i can post those part numbers so you can cross reference it.
here are some pics from my own build:

see that vtec solenoid? i took that off of a d16z6

please, if you don't have personal experience don't come calling b.s. on someone who does

·
Defender of the D
2,495 Posts
look i've got plenty of personal experience with d's not b's or h's. and calling bs is the way to learn new stuff. if i hadn't called bs on you and kept my mouth shut then i would have never learned anything new. and even so i'm still going to be cautious about swapping out solenoids cuz if they have different part numbers that means that something is different about them. and btw.. ur build looks good.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts