Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey People...
umm...at the moment my car has a D16Z6 with a recently wired up MPFI set up...it has: I/H/E...and some Accel wires with platinum plugs...
for the DPFI to MPFI conversion i had to change my ECU from PM5 to PM6...i have the complete D16Z6 setup but my VTEC is not wired to anything...i was wondering if anyone knows how to connect my VTEC to my ECU if possible?...or is it possible to buy a VTEC controller and just wire it to the VTEC w/o messing with the ECU?...any and all input is appreciated!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i had the vtec running off a toggle switch before...it was extremely ghetto...one side connects to battery...the other to the vtec solenoid...but i want something that i dont need to think about...just automatic vtec...any ideas???...please dont say new ecu...ahha...

·
Registered
1995 Civic EX Coupe
579 Posts
you said not to say new ecu but if you want it work, thats what youre gonna have to do. if you wanna stay OBD0, look for a PR3

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok...cool...ill keep my eyes open for it...do you know if there is a spot on the harness from the ecu designated for vtec?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts