Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Everyone will tell u vtec doesn't matter..
But stock vs stock my z6 and zcvtec and d16avtec never lost to a non v.
Not once...
Upgrades were a dc header....

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
I think you guys are missing the facts, the non-vtec SOHC like the A6 make 105 to 110hp, the vtec Z6 and Y8 make 125 to 128hp in stock form. Your Vtec beats a non-vtec...wow big surprise. The non-vtecs are better for a nasty NA, for some basic bolt-ons the vtec wins because it has more power to begin with. Turbo on the other hand, either will work and both have parts available for them. For a basic build either will work and basically net the same power. OP the B7 are dirt cheap, that is why everyone builds them. Doesn't matter anyway DOHC ZC>SOHC

·
Registered
433 Posts
if i had to pic the sohc d, id go z6 because of the flow factor. but if i had to pic any d motor id go dohc zc. oh wait... i did. :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
yeah but then when you gank somebody in a race you cant tell them its a SOHC... how are you suppose to piss people off?

·
Registered
371 Posts
id go vtec just because it seems like you could get a more drivable cam with the same lift in vtec head as you would with a big cam in a non vtec head since they only have one lobe to work with

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
For a nice street turbo build it honestly isn't going to matter all that much. Build what you can get your hands on. If you plan on building the piss out of it the Non-Vtec heads are better ... at least from the what I've seen. IIRC there is more meat on the Non-vtec heads allowing for more aggressive P&P work.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
id go vtec just because it seems like you could get a more drivable cam with the same lift in vtec head as you would with a big cam in a non vtec head since they only have one lobe to work with
You realize the SOHC VTEC have it only on the intake cam, so drivability only improves slightly. The SOHC and the K20A3 have what I call half-ass VTEC.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts