Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have grown up around many honda enthusiasts. and now that I am building my own civic the question about VTEC and Boost comes up frequently. Is it safe to run VTEC with Boost. And if not do I need to junk my y8 head and get another non VTEC head or can I use the same head without VTEC wired up. THX GUYS

Stephen

·
Registered
88 Civic Hatch
925 Posts
Its more of a personal preference. Like pata said do you plan on doing some head work? with a good tuner and the right parts you can get about the same numbers from either. also a y8 head is not one of the best flowing heads.. just saying.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its more of a personal preference. Like pata said do you plan on doing some head work? with a good tuner and the right parts you can get about the same numbers from either. also a y8 head is not one of the best flowing heads.. just saying.
what head flows better? y7?

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Well since VTEC is a power adder, its super dangerous to run with another power adder, like boost or nitrous.

I knew a guy with a GSR that he turbo'ed and it blew up in like 2 days. Im sure it had nothing to do with the basemap or used DSM injectors. Its that vtech. It just pops too nasty hard with boost.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my question is can i use a vtec head without vtec. or should i use a non vtec head? i plan on building my head and bottom end. my hp goal is 400whp.

·
Registered
99 accord ex/ 98 ek
238 Posts
kid I will say this in the nicest way posible.. Fvcking search.. Worry about your botton b4 the hear... sleeve your block so you can run vtec n boost. At really high hp vtc doest even matter.
Just get the head port it n your block strong enough to hold around 600whp never build your engine for tour exact goals always go jigher so you will not worry about pushing to much

·
Registered
99 accord ex/ 98 ek
238 Posts
omg I did miss bn in dso so much.. im not a db at all but come on!!!

·
Registered
civic
379 Posts
Takes one to know one. Douchebag.
PWND

:3dbiggrin::wackit::wackit::wackit::wackit:

jimmy was upset about another thread where a couple of us, including myself, messed with the OP but its aight. its a right of passage.
TO the OP. read a little dude. itll go a loooong way

·
Premium Member
95 honda civic hatch
1,006 Posts
kid I will say this in the nicest way posible.. Fvcking search.. Worry about your botton b4 the hear... sleeve your block so you can run vtec n boost. At really high hp vtc doest even matter.
Just get the head port it n your block strong enough to hold around 600whp never build your engine for tour exact goals always go jigher so you will not worry about pushing to much

he has a point...

and the douche bags arrive....
hope you find your answer...you need to do some work to top n bottom

ive seen boosted car with vtec n not one issue with vtec

·
Registered
civic
379 Posts
Post mothafucking whhooooorrriinnggggggg son of a donkeydickassrapingclownsnephnew BATMAN

1 - 20 of 47 Posts