Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay you guys are gonna laugh ur As* off here....but a while back ago like 6 months ago i did a b7/y8 mini me....Y8 headgasket, y8 timing belt, B7 dizzy....p28 ecu its wired up fine no prob....now heres the tricky part....vtec is suppose to crack at 4800 on my chip in my ecu and my vafc....vtec dont kick in at all when car is warm and at opperating temp....buuuut when car is cold it cracks and cracks hard....but it cracks at like 6 grand and 6500 and so on....now when its warm and im on the freeway and im mashin in 3rd for a while code 22 vtec pressure swtich or something like that comes on....whats the problem here?

Checked oil pressure...it seemed good
Tried 4 different ecu.....didnt change
Hooked up a vtec switch.....didnt work
Hooked 12volts to the sylinoid or whatever and it clicked.....
Took out the oil jet....

I did almost everything possible.....now there is one thing the head was rebuilt from a shop and put back together and then i put it on....some shop was sayin they might not have put the plug back inside the head when they rebuilt it? i never heard of it idk....but is there anything you might know causeing this?

Oh and i also unplugged my ECT sensor so the car read compltetly cold but it was actually hot and it still didnt crack......any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
i think he plugged in the afc to see if he could adjust the engagement rpm in yet another way

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wow guys i didnt wanna be hounded on the things that i do.....the vafc was hooked up to see if it would change anything.....didnt change anything at all.....the oil pressure was like 85psi running cold at start up i think thats what it was....and i hear now like it might eaither be my oil pressure sending unit? or a leak in my rocker arms?

·
Registered
397 Posts
You said you use a vtec switch, what type of switch? Is weird ur problem...

In my d17a1/vtec I use a switch (on/off switch) and had a problem like that, but vtec never engage. No any codes because I don't have a vtec ecu.

The problem was that the testing bolt (the one that is used to inject pressurised air) was loosed out, and all the oil just hit the valve cover.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
wow guys i didnt wanna be hounded on the things that i do.....the vafc was hooked up to see if it would change anything.....didnt change anything at all.....the oil pressure was like 85psi running cold at start up i think thats what it was....and i hear now like it might eaither be my oil pressure sending unit? or a leak in my rocker arms?

Whats the oil pressure when hot?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea i used a switch for like 5 minutes to see if that did anything and then i took it off....it didint help anything at all.....the oil pressure when it was warm was like 20 or 25 i cant exactly remember because it was so long ago.....

·
Banned
2,119 Posts
dude, if you have a vafc you need to set what your car is. there are like 1-3 settings for what motor you have. thats why your vtec isnt working............................

read the manual before you mess anything up

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
dude really? oh wow i didnt know that....bro c'mon that has nothing to do with anything but vtec point.....everything was zero'd out when i hooked it up i just made vtec engage at 4800....then oh guess what hmm i pulled it back out....oh and another thing is this has always happend since i put the head on! the vafc is just somthing i tried u really think id buy one? waste of money to me just get ur shi* tuned

·
Registered
2 Posts
im not sure if it will help but if you remove your vtec solenoid and clean the metal flakes from the filter that might help..cause thats where the oil passes threugh on the vtec soleniod...least i believe so. try that

1 - 18 of 18 Posts