Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wired up vtec. I have a 92 so its prewired to the cannon plug. I connected the green/yellow from the vs to the orange/blue.

Im getting a code 21 so I looked it up and found out it was the vs so i googled and there were people talking about "make sure both wires for vtec are connected" but I only have one.

So am I missing something or is it just one wire and my vs is bad?

·
Registered
809 Posts
to make it a little easier for myself i wen to a junkyard and snipped the clip for the oil pressure switch so it would be easier to work with, you dont necessarily need the clip but it helps alot.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the engine is a jdm d15b, there is no blue/black on the vs. There is only one plug on the vs and its green/yellow.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The japanese d15b did not come with an oil pressure switch. Didn't know that.
You just simply bypass the switch on the ecu. By soldering 2 wires together for the solenoid. You could also use a gator clip.

Wire A4 (green/yellow) to d6 (light blue)
then run a wire from those 2 up to the wire coming off of your vtec solenoid

this is how it is wired up in my car and it works.
I am running a CX wiring harness.
I would recommend that if you are using a VX harness to go ahead and buy a vtec solenoid with 3 wires and just plug it in.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wire A4 (green/yellow) to d6 (light blue)
then run a wire from those 2 up to the wire coming off of your vtec solenoid

this is how it is wired up in my car and it works.
I am running a CX wiring harness.
I would recommend that if you are using a VX harness to go ahead and buy a vtec solenoid with 3 wires and just plug it in.
That worked thanks. Only cleared the ecu and no more codes after that.

Only thing I'm worried about is I hooked up a temp vtec light and it doesnt lite up. Does the car engage vtec when its not moving or do I have to be driving?

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
That worked thanks. Only cleared the ecu and no more codes after that.

Only thing I'm worried about is I hooked up a temp vtec light and it doesnt lite up. Does the car engage vtec when its not moving or do I have to be driving?
you have to be driving to engage vtec.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts