Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just replaced my head gasket. the shop guy removed the solenoid valve form the head. in the box of stuff he took off the head there was a 1" long spring about 2 mm wide and really stiff, also a broken temp sensor.

problem #1
the temp sensor with just the hex part with one thread and the other end and one thread. wheres the middle? the new temp sensor didnt fit, because it was too small. so i wrapped it in Teflon and RTVed the bitch in. Holds for now.
is there a slightly thicker temp sensor? the one that connects to the gauge.

#2 i have a VTEC light installed form the previous owner. red LED. comes on at 5k RPMS. now the light is dim until i hit %K, then its bright like usual. could the spring have something do with this? i took of the top of the valve and the circle thing was still in there and it has spring pressure under it.

·
wheres my money man!!
11,333 Posts
o the lights on al the tme now and whan ya hit vtec it gets brighter. check your wiring sounds like somegthing might be touching. or the valve is messed up can ya hear vtec ingauge?

as for the sensor do you have a pic of the actual one that came outta the head?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no pic of the atual sensor. i lined whats left of it as best as i could. it appeared to be the same size. so is there something missing? do you think the shop guy broke it off. drilled it out and tapped it bigger without telling me?

ive checked the wiring. im betting that spring goes somewhere. i was hoping hw found it in the shop and threw it in my box

·
wheres my money man!!
11,333 Posts
well if ya bought a replacement sensor for your head and it didntr fit correct its because 1 he messed it up, or 2 the parts store gave ya the wrong one. how much smaller was the new one?

qwell im not sure whats up with this spring so try theis and test the valve it might be bad

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i fixed the vtec problem, one of the harness connections wasn't making a good enough connection.

the new sensor was probably the next size too small. it would barely slide in and out without catching the threads. the RTV and teflon are still holding up pretty well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts