Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there i was wondering if any1 can help me, basically i want to put a small led inde my car wich will light up wen the vtec has kicked in i obviously kno you have to earth the led but wich wire does the live go to?? basically where do i find the vtec signal from?? this is for a uk spec esi by the way, oh and hi by the way i'm new to all this, all help will be appreciated x

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do u kno wich wire it is by anychance? i have found the thread in DIY but thts for 96-98 civic, as i own 92-95 esi wonderin would it be the same wire on the ecu?

·
Registered
317 Posts
do u kno wich wire it is by anychance? i have found the thread in DIY but thts for 96-98 civic, as i own 92-95 esi wonderin would it be the same wire on the ecu?
just tap into the wire from the vtec solenoid. Use a test light and pinch into the wire from the solenoid and rev the engine up to the vtec crossover point. If the light does infact light up than thats your wire. Tap into it with a male connector, than connect the female into it with your wire crimped into it. Run the wire through the firewall, and inside the car to your LED.

Done. :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cheers mate but i was told tht the car ha to be moving for the wire to give the signal as i wont be able to rev it up and get a signal

·
Registered
an ej8 coupe
553 Posts
cheers mate but i was told tht the car ha to be moving for the wire to give the signal as i wont be able to rev it up and get a signal
you are correct.

i myself have never seen my vtec light illuminate while i was parked and revving.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
some one was saying green with a yellow stripe or is it orange gettin confused here help lol its a uk spec esi 3dr hatch

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
its the green/yellow wire on the vtec sol. im guessin the orange one is for the ecu..........and yes, you have to be moving atleast 20mph for vtec to "kick in"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts