Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i put the y8 head on my y7 block got it all put back together pinned the vtec in and converted the 3 wire iacv to 2 wire hooked up the knock sensor. now the car starts and idles but will not rev at all as soon as i give it any throttle it just dies. and my cel says p1259 wich is a vtec malfunction. ive looked over the wiring like 50 times and its all correct and i know the vtec solenoid works because i hooked it up to a switch and it would engage.. any thoughts on what could be wrong?

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
If it were just a vtec problem it wouldnt rev past higher rpms. So i would look elsewhere for your problem. You have the p2p ecu right?

Do you still have to pull the oil restrictor out of the block on the y7's like you do on the b7's? Maybe no oil pressure to the solenoid? Mechanical timing may be off? Pretty much everything you did go over it again.

Everything we as a community can think of wont equal to actually getting your hands dirty and diagnosing the problem

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my timing is on the mark. i do have the p2p ecu my year didnt have a oil restrictor plug on the block though i did check for on before i put the head on just incase. i even bought a second ecu thinking the first one could have ben bad since i got it on craigslist. i hooked up my old ecu for the non vtec and re wired my 3 wire iacv and it runs perfectly. ive tried everything i can think of and nothing is working

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
You got the MAP and TPS plugs switched around?

Happened on my civic after the swap, idled and as soon as I gave it any throttle, dead.

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
You got the MAP and TPS plugs switched around?

Happened on my civic after the swap, idled and as soon as I gave it any throttle, dead.
This is what I am thinking. Switch them around and check you TPS voltage afterwards

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok so i thought the y7 and y8 injectors were the same i was wrong. so i put the y8 injectors in and now it revs up fine the only problem i have now is it idles high and surges it idles from 1200rpm to 1600rpm? any ideas what that might be?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts