Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
didnt know how else to title it. when i first got my car (2000 civic ex) and did my CAI and header my vtec was right around 5200. i have been riding around for some time now with a straight pipe (header, test pipe, resonator). i put my stock muffler back on because of a 17 hour trip i am about to go on and noticed that my vtec engagement has moved from 5200 to right around 5700-5800. i was thinking possible oil pressure problem?

·
Registered
481 Posts
what? dude vtec is Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control so in other words is an extra loop in the camshaft to make the valves open for a long period of time allowing more gas and air get into the cylinder. what are you talking about? do you refeer to the clearence of the valves?

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
VTEC engages at 5500RPMs on a Y8. I think the engagement is just more noticeable now. I can at least hear mine sometimes with the CAI.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what? dude vtec is Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control so in other words is an extra loop in the camshaft to make the valves open for a long period of time allowing more gas and air get into the cylinder. what are you talking about? do you refeer to the clearence of the valves?
yes but it engages off oil pressure. and before i ran a open exhaust it would engage at 5200 because i remember how awesome it was to first hear my vtec when i did it. but now after running it open exhaust and going back to the stock muffler it has changed from 5200 to 5700. all i wanted to know was this a possible oil pressure problem?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts