Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I wanna be just like Jimmy!!
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i posted this in the FAQ, but i wanna little bit more attention..

i know the VTEC-E is a 12-16 valve mechanism, without an extra lobe.. so.. which cam fits? is the head casting the same as a regular d15b, just without the lost motion assembly?

also, can you tune the ECU to make a bit more power? i heard that it runs near 20:1 AFR on 12 valve mode... but if i can tune it to make better power than 92Ps, i may go with this engine.. i can get one for fairly cheap, so i'm REALLY contemplating it.

also, is the bottom end on this the same as a d15b, or no? i keep seeing conflicting answers.. if i can't get the power i want from the head, i was wondering if i could use my b7 head, and go non-vtec.. any help is greatly appreciated, people!

·
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, uhm.. not what i asked. i'm running on a budget.

·
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ideally? the cheapest possible solution to a new running engine under 500.

·
Banned
1,815 Posts
ok, sence your OBD1, I assume. get a z6 head, and p06 computer.

You'll enjoy more power...Trust me. z6 heads are like $150? nad computers are $120?

·
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and the ruined block?

;-)

i need a new engine.

·
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
don't have the money to spend.. that's why my budget is what it is

·
Banned
3,673 Posts
do you have a junkyard near you? I would go get a block straight out of a wrecked car, and mate it to whatever head you have, and run it. shouldnt cost more than 90 bux for a junkblock

·
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
all the hondas are stripped within hours of them getting to the yard, they sell the parts to their sister company, a parts recycler..

·
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yep. trust me, we went looking for an alternator a while ago.. there were very few engines.. the one we did find, was on a fresh del sol, that they had just cut the engine out of, and had gone to get a forklift to grab it.. lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts