Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trading someone a P28 ECU for a ractive catback exhaust, and a VTC VTEC Controller. I am going to put my P08 back into my car. I have a z6 mini me setup. My question is: Will the VTC work with my P08 ECU and control my VTEC?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Doesn't anyone know ANYTHING about this? The guy said it was JDM....

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, in other words, the VTC isn't a stand-alone VTEC Controller like the VAFC?

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
Nope. VTC=Valve Timing Control...VAFC=VTEC Air Fuel Controller.

VTC is usually built onto the intake cam gear(it's possible to put one on the exhaust gear too, but usually not as much benefit of doing that.). The only Honda ECUs that can even control VTC are the K-series ECU(im not sure about the numbers).

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
K2e2vin said:
Nope. VTC=Valve Timing Control...VAFC=VTEC Air Fuel Converter.
Fixed.

VTC is pretty much what K2e2vin said: It can change cam timing +/- 50 total degrees (25 either way) to optimize efficiency/horsepower/torque.

It is only on the K20's/K24's. It is not a stand-alone thing-a-ma-jig, nor is it something you can tune; the ECU controls it completely.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
heyyy... jprmotor! I got my d15b from them... Jimmy is the best guy to deal with over there...

the controller looks like it's for normal vtec OBD1. VTC is probably just the name of the company... but it's better to read the instructions a little more carefully to be sure.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
there are no directions on there, and there is very little as far as description, and I can't find ANYTHING on this controller online.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
like i said, looking at the plugs on that thing, it looks alot like OBD1. the k-series are not obd1, so it's probably a normal VTEC controller

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
They probably just shortened it because it says it supports Mivec also; and they listed it as MVC. For those that don't know, Mivec is pretty much works like VTEC except different hardware.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts